Denali website, home page video. That's neat!

robertoroberto Posts: 83 Baller
Wow! It's mesmerising, I must of watched it a dozen times, then some more!

Comments

• MISkierMISkier Posts: 1,861 Mega Baller
    If it's the video I think, that's @CaleBurdick in a drysuit in Michigan early this Spring.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
  • AdamCordAdamCord Posts: 464 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Yep that's @CaleBurdick at Tivoli in Michigan. Agree that video is totally mesmerizing!

There's a lot to be learned from watching how he moves through the center and off the second wake if you know what to look for. Hint: He's not trying to get to a wide point early...
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 573 Crazy Baller
    Interesting seeing how much he moves the boat around from that vantage point too.
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 1,861 Mega Baller
    @UWSkier, it is not Cale's skiing that is affecting the boat.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
    TriplettObrienslalom
  • ScarletArrowScarletArrow Posts: 742 Solid Baller
    I was on the starting dock at Midwest Regionals waiting for practice to start immediately OM skied - Nate vs. Cale. They tied 3@41 and needed a runoff. Cale was totally loose and having fun. I should try this ski.
    Anthony Warren
    MISkier
  • robertoroberto Posts: 83 Baller
    Adam Cord Hint: He's not trying to get to a wide point early...OK, tell me more. I missed that bit.

This video has a strange affect on me, I kind of stare at it and just start dreaming I am doing what Cale is doing. Dam he makes the whole process look so easy. The swing he gets off the rope is fabulous, I wish I had that line tension and connection to pivot round.

Tell me me more, maybe I am trying too hard to generate space and just end up with dead rope that I can t rotate around?
    Than_Bogan
  • ObrienslalomObrienslalom Posts: 40 Baller
    For others like me who tried to visit denaliskis.com on mobile only, it is the background video on the desktop version of the site.
  • WishWish Posts: 6,753 Mega Baller
    edited August 15
    It was interesting listening to the announcer at the Swiss pro stop earlier this year when Brooke B was on the water. He was saying how she seemed to be skiing narrow and almost at the ball. Yet she was killing it. What most thought was not the way to ski, my friend and I (Denali Summit participants...highly recommended BTW) saw it completely different and as a significant positive and an advantage. Handle path efficiency at its highest level.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    Jordan
  • AdamCordAdamCord Posts: 464 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    edited August 15
    @Wish I got to ski with Brooke this spring and she may be the best I've ever seen at doing this. That young lady could take women's slalom to new heights if she keeps at it.
    Than_BoganWishJordan
  • robertoroberto Posts: 83 Baller
    AdamCord.....Not in poor taste, we all need a reminder of the good stuff that you guys have written. Thanks, note to self, go back and read the GUT articles. Now I can look at the video with a more informed eye.
    AdamCordWish