Denali Review - Ride #7

HortonHorton Posts: 23,681 Administrator
The first two passes are 32 off. The rest are 35 off.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

Tagged:
gregyBG1Than_BoganCentAdamCordaupatkingALPJradamhcaldwellbkreis9400WishB_SskiboynyrobertosantangelojayskiskihartRazorskier1lakeaustinskierDWbishop8950JordanBulldog

Comments

• GlockGlock Posts: 192 Baller
    Wow, those are some good looking passes @Horton. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
    adamhcaldwell
  • bkreisbkreis Posts: 231 Baller
    @Horton that may be the best skiing you've ever posted..the glide difference at the top of the pullout setup the whole pass!
  • skihartskihart Posts: 348 Baller
    Oh crap........I better get my Denali order in soon, looks like he waiting list is going to go through the roof.
    WishThan_Boganadamhcaldwell
  • MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,673 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    The 1-3-5 side finish may be entertaining as the rope gets short.
    adamhcaldwellMattP
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,745 Mega Baller
    Just a question - are you slightly "back" on the ski or does the tip ride higher in the water? Those passes looked .... well smooth. Good work.
    adamhcaldwell
  • skihartskihart Posts: 348 Baller
    @Horton Did you play with the settings at all in the first 7 sets or is that straight out of the box stock, @adamhcaldwell @AdamCord, settings?
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,414 Mega Baller
    @Horton - nice skiing. Not only does the ski look good, you are coming up earlier on a consistent basis throughout that set and it looks frickin' easy! Second point -- great handle control! You have two hands on and look comfortable (ie, not like the boat is pulling it away from you) all the way out to the buoy line. Nice skiing pal!
    Jim Ross
  • DirtDirt Posts: 1,435 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    That ski looks really good. A quick question. Is that 38 or 40 miles per hour?
    I learned everything I know not to do from Horton
    BoneHeadrodecon
  • TriplettTriplett Posts: 205 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @horton, looking really good. I am excited to see what you do at shorter lines.
    Brent Triplett - Michigan
    Than_BoganMISkierMattP
  • robertoroberto Posts: 83 Baller
    Horton nice skiing. Was that as easy as it looked? Colour coordinated as well added to the harmony of that video!
    JC McCavit
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,084 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @Horton - how can you keep your hair on fire while you water ski!!!!
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
  • pugspugs Posts: 9 Baller
    Just curious, are you in "trick" mode on ZO? Regardless nice skiing.
    Frank Smith - Champions Lake - Clermont, FL
  • MitzysmanMitzysman Posts: 175 Baller
    smooth !
    It's crazy how hard he makes everything look!
    Bruce_Butterfield
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 5,632 Mega Baller
    edited August 22
    @skidawg For those of us with limited natural athleticism, this sport actually is hard. But I can sorta relate: I see people doing math problems and I'm thinking "MAN you are working so hard ... to do it wrong."
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    adamhcaldwell9400
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 1,850 Crazy Baller
    1:08 that 2 ball sure looked like you had time to think and wait.
  • markchilcuttmarkchilcutt Posts: 773 Crazy Baller
    Nice skiing @Horton !!!!
    Ski it if you can!!!!
    adamhcaldwell
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,681 Administrator
    @pugs standard mode
    @skidawg be quiet

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

can't be quiet @Horton - everyone needs to know how hard you make it look!!!
    Than_BoganScottScott
  • DWDW Posts: 1,554 Crazy Baller
    @Horton : You look as smooth and relaxed as Jr at Talladega or Daytona...Nice skiing
    Horton
  • paul413skipaul413ski Posts: 52 Baller
    Nice skiing want a 68 any news on therd release
  • dislanddisland Posts: 1,053 Crazy Baller
    @horton shorts matching the ski colors Nice!
    Dave Island- Princeton Lakes
  • colo_skiercolo_skier Posts: 738 Solid Baller
    edited September 7
    @Horton In the unboxing video for the Denali versus the unboxing of the (ski name escapes me at the moment, KD Platinum) done at almost the same time. It looked like the Denali was a much flatter ski in the front. In other words the tip did not seem to bend up as much as other ski's. Is this a reality or just an oddity of the unboxing video's? The ski in your runs also looks to be flatter in the front. Just wondering.
    Not sure I know what I am doing. The boat goes I follow. Trying to perfect the deep water start. Squirrel!
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 5,632 Mega Baller
    Yes. Denali is very flat at the tip. Looks radical but the active part of the ski has similar curvature to "old school" skis.
    Because of tunnel volume, the ski has unprecedented tip support, so no need to worry about sinking it.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    Wish
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,496 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Never skied a ski with more tip support than a Denali...nutty you don't go out the front the ski catches up and ends up under you again.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    Wish
  • colo_skiercolo_skier Posts: 738 Solid Baller
    @Horton The 1,3,5 offside carves are really smooth and scary quick in and out. Great example of engaging the front of the ski in the offside turn. Do you think this is due to the unique fin box you talk about in the review?
    Not sure I know what I am doing. The boat goes I follow. Trying to perfect the deep water start. Squirrel!