Big Dawg

scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 3,876
edited June 2010 in Other Stuff
The Saturday results and brackets for Sunday are now posted on http://skibigdawg.com/ You can watch the action live today at www.katyskijam.com

- President of the Utah Water Ski Club
- Owner at Still Water Lake Estates

Comments

• BoneHeadBoneHead Posts: 5,847
    edited June 2010
    Yesterday's event was awesome from start to finish. I was in the tower a large part of the day and night. Kelvin and the homeowners at Katy are putting on a great event.  Kudo's to them. They shoud be very proud.  I'm sure that today's finals will be equally as awesome.

FWIW, I Watched Becky Lathrop's boat path for 25 skiers while I was in the tower. All I can say is DAMN! Talk about having some skills. I only saw one skier move her and even then it wasn't by much. I was quite impressed. That's the type of driving that all of us boat drivers should strive for.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• SkihackSkihack Posts: 448 Baller
    I heard Todd Johnson won. What ski does he ride? And what did he run to win?

• HortonHorton Posts: 25,039 Administrator
    edited June 2010
    Here are Scoke's Tweets http://twitter.com/scoke

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

SkiMech, Todd J's on a Strada.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• scokescoke Posts: 617
    Shane did he ride a strada last weeked at cypress? He owns a strada but this tourney he rode a rs-1. I've got a pic on my tweets here somewhere.
    I thought he rode a strada last weekend.  maybe it was an RS1.  Hmmmm.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• KelvinKelvin Posts: 1,024 Crazy Baller
    I don't remember what he skied on in the head to head, but he carried a blank Strada to the top of the podium for the awards ceremony.
    Kelvin Kelm, Lakes of Katy, Katy Texas
  • RogerRoger Posts: 1,452 Crazy Baller
    Becky is on a roll this year. The skiers at our Okeeheelee record were saying she feels better then she ever has (which was always pretty damn good). She has the right attitude for a driver; she is there for the skier, period!

I was watching the web cast feed which was nearly down the end course and though I don't know who the other driver was, both looked great from that angle. It was also a pleasure to chat back and forth with a few locals and at least one BOS member (scotchipman).

Rog

Roger B. Clark - Okeeheelee skier. Senior driver, Senior Judge
  • ski6jonesski6jones Posts: 755 Crazy Baller
    I could be wrong but I am pretty sure I saw him on both this weekend.  Strada and RS-1.

Strada with the green and black "martrix" bottom, and RS-1 with the gold and black.

He finished the event on the RS-1 for sure.
    Carl Addington, Lakes of Katy, Texas
  • SkihackSkihack Posts: 448 Baller
    Strada sales should go through the roof. Good product and outstanding customer service.
  • scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 3,876
    Final bracket results. http://www.skibigdawg.com/files/bigdawgtexasfinalbracket.pdf

Very nice to see local (Utah!) skier Jeff Milford finish 4th in his first Big Dawg event! FYI, I heard from Mike Parsons that in the semi-final against Bruce Dodd that Jeff Milford had a binding pre-release, otherwise I feel very confident that he would have been in the finals against Todd Johnson who was the winner.

Great skiing by everyone! I would love to be able to run a 38' tail wind then deep 39' or into 41' like these guys. I'm happy when I run a 35' tail wind.
  • BoodyBoody Posts: 613 Baller
    Scott, I'm with ya, I was rooting for Milford and Kornik, too bad they were pitted against each other early. Couldn't believe Milford's [email protected], he has been killing it. Was he on the mid ride or wide?
  • scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 3,876
    Jeff was on his Wide Ride, he tried the Mid this spring a few times but went back to the Wide. It was too bad that Milford and Kornik had to ski against each other so early, was sweet to see them both run 39'. I just talked to Jeff, he had to rush to fix his binding during the tournament and did not get it put back together right which caused his pre-release.
  • MilfordMilford Posts: 84 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Great weekend and fun event.  To set the record straight, I have mounted some kitchen cabinet hardware on the back of my ski, which allows me to deep water start with my back foot out, similar to an open toe and then snap in and get the full benefit of the double powershell boots.  My cabinet hardware is mounted with some rivets, which got bent in a release on Saturday.  It got progressively worse and ultimately failed going into 1 ball at 39 in the semifinal round.  I am going back to the drawing board and am going to make some modifications to my system, which will allow me to swap out parts, without the need for a drill and rivet gun.  Great learning experience and hopefully next time, I will be ready for this type of thing.
  • D WoltersD Wolters Posts: 139 Baller
    Todd carries his RS1 & Strada to the local tourney's. I've seen him switch ski's between sets.

Not sure about Saturday but Sunday he rode the RS1 for the win, and yes he stood on top of the podium with his Strada  in hand. Nothing but goode's below him.

Dave was not smiling.
  • BoodyBoody Posts: 613 Baller
    edited June 2010
    The reason I got a Goode was because of the obvious success it has shown durring the Big Dawg. This was was the best thing that has ever happened to my skiing. So kudos to Todd and Radar, the win was well deserved . But there is little doubt Goode is the most popular ski among the Big Dawg, and for goode reason.
  • lakeolakeo Posts: 71 Baller
    What injury did Chet substain that cause the scratch at the Bigdawg?
  • D WoltersD Wolters Posts: 139 Baller
    Boody

Didn't say I hated goode, just an observation
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,144 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Injury to back I heard, not sure of the extent, hopefully he'll b rippin soon
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!