California ProAm

MattPMattP Posts: 5,879 Moderator
The California ProAm is this weekend. I'm sure @Horton is skiing in it but they have no chance at the money.
Who is your money on for the Men's Pro & Women's Pro event?
Bill22Than_Boganeyepeeler

Comments

• cragginshredcragginshred Posts: 639 Crazy Baller
    Manon!!!
    Will radar have a booth this year? I went last year and they did not - I was bummed they didn't.
    Vapor pro 2017
    MuskokaKy
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,148 Crazy Baller
    @MattP I am not a betting man but I am pulling for: Vaughn, Sedlmajer (names not on the list?) Detrick, Twhisper, McClintock, Parrish, Neveu.
    For OW: Whitney, Manon.

Does anyone know if the winners form round 1&2 automatically make it to the finals? Then they take the top 6 with the best averages from R1&2? Is that correct? I looked at caproam.com but did not see that info.
    ...and anyone but Smith. Nothing against Nate, just like to see someone else on top of the podium.
    OSUwaterskierBlueSkiNautibynatureRPTwtrskiorMattPTexas6bbrannan
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,517 Administrator
    @ColeGiacopuzzi will win it all!

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

riconikandsteveMattP
    @rico one would hope they just haven't updated that list
  • KrleeKrlee Posts: 462 Baller
    Turnout for women is very light this year. Think is has to do with timing of Malibu and worlds. Travel to the west coast might have been difficult with other commitments.
  • Butte-SkiButte-Ski Posts: 23 Baller
    Bring your sunscreen. Warm temps expected 104-106
  • RazorRoss3RazorRoss3 Posts: 1,164 Mega Baller
    ask a stupid question get a stupid answer but is there a webcast? Harvey likely has me confined to the great indoors all weekend so I'll need some entertainment.
  • thagerthager Posts: 3,787 Mega Baller
    @RazorRoss3 Back in Minnesota Harvey is just my harmless invisible ski buddy...
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • RazorRoss3RazorRoss3 Posts: 1,164 Mega Baller
    edited August 25
    @Thager, win some and lose some, I can ski in December without having to take a vacation to do it.

Thanks @MattP
  • thagerthager Posts: 3,787 Mega Baller
    edited August 26
    Same here now also. Ha!
    Stir vigorously then leave!
    Wish9400
  • MuskokaKyMuskokaKy Posts: 129 Baller
    Manon for the ladies and JT for the mens ( not sure if either have confirmed yet)
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,517 Administrator

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

• APBAPB Posts: 32 Baller
    Is the webcast on today as well. Just tried the link and it says it starts in 25hours. Just got off the water and want to jump right into the caproam!!!!
    The rules are right there on the website, just didn't see them on a mobile device.

"The top 8 skiers based on averaged score will advance to the Head-to-Head competition."
  • Alberto SoaresAlberto Soares Posts: 254 Baller
    edited August 25
    @Horton - 0.5@39 - first round, way to go!!!! - unofficial www.waterskiresults.com
    Than_BoganWaterSkier12MattPlundberg
  • dvskierdvskier Posts: 121 Baller
    @Horton, you can do it, run 39 with the magic ski!,
    adamhcaldwell
  • sunvalleylawsunvalleylaw Posts: 1,053 Crazy Baller
    edited August 27
    Enjoying the webcast of the women right now. Conditions look good from here. Good looking skiing. Good for me to watch. Looking forward to seeing the men too. A good looking crew in there! I have my favorites to cheer for but I want them all to do well.
  • sunvalleylawsunvalleylaw Posts: 1,053 Crazy Baller
    Run off in the women's. Fun to watch!
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 1,897 Crazy Baller
    If can't get anything. Click on "play" and just sits there. Was watching yesterday. Should it be going now? 2:40 EDT.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
  • PatmasterPatmaster Posts: 138 Baller
    Anyone saw up close what front bindings Joel Howley and Chris Parrish use now?
  • mbabiashmbabiash Posts: 294 Baller
    Parrish has a modified radar vapor carbitex boot with carbon on the toe and heel setup with reflex release.
    Not sure about Joel. Looked like Connelly boot equivalent to vapor.
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,377
    edited August 28
    Joel has been using a T-Factor for while now and I'm pretty sure the rear is a hard shell. (Goode)
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski: KD Platinum

• SkierAtHeartSkierAtHeart Posts: 2 Baller
    It was super fun out there today watching everyone ski.
    sunvalleylaw
  • PatmasterPatmaster Posts: 138 Baller
    Thanks @mbabiash and @ozski. I guess we all never stop experimenting. Then Joel must be an exception, going back to rubber! Perfect bindings are so individual!
  • ObrienslalomObrienslalom Posts: 40 Baller
    I have a hard time not pulling for Parrish, always good to see him in the mix.
    MattPjayskiBill22WaterSkier12
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 4,838 Mega Baller
    It was great having the video. I watched the Open Men and Open Women yesterday evening. Awesome site and great skiing.
    Mark Shaffer
    HortonMattPObrienslalomsunvalleylaw
  • kingshreddkingshredd Posts: 136 Baller
    edited August 28
    Went and watched the finals yesterday and my daughter and I had a great time. And it was great to see CP do so well! Also really like the jump and trick exposition at the end, and I think it was good way to get some people to stay for the awards.
    I only hope it can be a little hotter out next year!
    DaveD
  • brodybrody Posts: 283 Baller
    Great job on the webcast and announcing, thanks to those that make that happen
    sunvalleylawbishop8950