Chevron Delo 400 15w-40 On Sale for Costco Members

UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 572 Crazy Baller
PSA for any DIY boaters who are also Costco members. You can get 15w-40 Chevron Delo oil for $28 bucks for a 3 gallon box at Costco this month. Not a bad price.
sunvalleylawoldjeep

Comments

• sunvalleylawsunvalleylaw Posts: 1,053 Crazy Baller
    Will get me that in Boise, then a few pints from O'Reilly's or wherever, and be ready for 3 oil changes. I didn't pull the trigger a couple weeks ago when the Amazon price was $12 per gallon delivered to my door, and now it is $17.57. So, that is a decent price.
  • B_SB_S Posts: 162 Baller
    Thanks for the heads up. Of course, I read this as soon as I returned from Costco...
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 572 Crazy Baller
    @B_S it's on sale for the bulk of September. Until the 24th.
    B_S
  • TallSkinnyGuyTallSkinnyGuy Posts: 516 Solid Baller
    @bbruzzese I have used Mobil Delvac in my '97 PS 190 before because it was available in my local auto parts store and checked all the boxes for an old engine with flat tappets. I don't actually even know what "flat tappets" means, but apparently when your engine has that it is good to use an oil with a high zinc content, which the Delvac apparently does.
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 2,573 Mega Baller
    edited September 1
    @bbruzzese - looks like it ticks all the boxes for modern engines. The SN rating is the important one
    Delvac-1300-Super specs
    API CK-4, CJ-4, CI-4 PLUS, CI-4, CH-4 / SN
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • xratedxrated Posts: 478 Solid Baller
    Bought some last month for 30 for 3 gallons and will be buying some more next trip to Costco.
  • bbruzzesebbruzzese Posts: 108 Baller
    Thanks for the info....I'll be trying it next oil change.
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 1,897 Crazy Baller
    @TallSkinnyGuy "flat tappet" refers to lifters. Flat on the cam mateing surface as opposed to a roller, known as a "roller lifter".
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 1,810 Crazy Baller
    Surprised 97 wasn't roller