Ski Review Process

Horton is clearly suffering from "so many skis so little time" - Does he need to get himself a "Stig" or some volunteers to take the edge of his pain? Maybe a cloning machine or a BOS apprentice? Suggestions?
'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski: KD Platinum

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 23,558 Administrator
    @ozski I would love to farm it out. I am not sure what I do is genius but I do not know anyone (who is not a pro skier) that has the experience and temperament.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

• ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,316 Crazy Baller
    I'll volunteer. Tests for skiers approaching 60+ yrs who ski most weekends April to October and are into -30 and -32 on good days :)
  • GarGar Posts: 173 Baller
    The Denali review is past due come on msn!
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 2,580 Mega Baller
    I could do some real world rec skier testing. Ski for a while and then see how they survive in the sun for 4+ hours
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • Rpc29Rpc29 Posts: 154 Baller
    @MattP would probably be a good ski tester. Not many are more dedicated to the sport and he could give the 36 mph perspective on skis.
    Ryan Christopher
    MattPThan_BoganJoeSkier6
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 1,821 Crazy Baller
    Be fun to have Horton then a random forum person be delegated.

So every ski Horton reviews then gets "bid on" to be reviewed by a forum member. Maybe ballers bid a $ amount to nominate then people vote or maybe people bid to buy the ski but have to review it.

I think the ski companies would enjoy this format and the forum would profit.
    ozskiWish
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,880 Moderator
    @BraceMaker money would taint the unbiased review process.
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 771 Crazy Baller
    I damn sure couldn't do it. I'm biased about everything. Maybe I'm just an as***le.
    Thanks for the consistent reviews. Too many skis? Sucks to be you
    sunvalleylaw
  • sunvalleylawsunvalleylaw Posts: 1,054 Crazy Baller
    Don't fix what ain't broke. IMHO. Thanks Horton!
    Wish
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,377
    No one implied that is was broken more so overwhelming for 1 person to manage and maintain some level of sanity when a lot of product is coming at you.
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski: KD Platinum

• HockdogHockdog Posts: 110 Baller
    Maybe Horton can throw a charity ski test party, interested Ballers buy a $25 raffle ticket, John picks 10 tickets for a day at the Horton Compound trying out some of the Skis in his collection and the rest of the money goes to the charity of his choice.
  • HockdogHockdog Posts: 110 Baller
    Thank you for the invite John, I will try to make that happen.......would Pliny the Elder be ok?
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 1,821 Crazy Baller
    @MattP Hence the money is to nominate someone you want to see ride it