Mapple T3

ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,316 Crazy Baller
edited September 12 in Skis Fins Bindings
@Horton will there be a review of the T3?

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 23,558 Administrator
    @ALPJr I will not get to it this year. Next spring maybe.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

• NandoNando Posts: 340 Baller
    To second what @lpskier said, I've been on a loaner for a month and spectacular says it- turns automatically, fast, holds angle, stays down- great ski and I'm too fat for the 66" I'm on.
    jipster43
  • John BrooksJohn Brooks Posts: 270 Crazy Baller
    And I have to agree with @lpskier and @Nando , love that ski.
    Alvin_Neffjipster43BMG73
  • RBRB Posts: 65 Baller
    @Horton Didn't you receive that ski in 2016?
  • BG1BG1 Posts: 144 Baller
    edited September 14
    @horton knows not to test that ski. If he did, his ski testing days would be over. He wouldn't be able to give it up after the 20 sets.
    mbabiash
  • RazorRoss3RazorRoss3 Posts: 1,177 Mega Baller
    The 6.0 is where it's at. That thing survived three seasons with my dad and is finishing off it's third with me and still rips great.
    Pat M
  • BG1BG1 Posts: 144 Baller
    T3 for me.
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,880 Moderator
    edited September 14
    Test rode a T3 a few weeks ago. Wow that ski rips. Feels very different from what I'm riding now. I liked it and ran past my average on the first set. Would like to try one again. There are 3-4 skis on my list to try and this is for sure one of them.
    ALPJrWaterSkier12
  • Pat MPat M Posts: 478 Solid Baller
    @lpskier what numbers are you running? Or if anybody has good numbers on the T3
  • GloersenGloersen Posts: 647 Crazy Baller
    Stock is a very good starting point.

L/S of 6.980/2.450/.720/7-8 works well too (67).
    stå løpet ut
  • DirtDirt Posts: 1,435 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    edited September 23
    68" Stock was pretty good but I ended up moving to 29 15/16 and one hole further back with my rear binding (more spread) from my usual spacing

6.820 tips
    .791 flat
    7.5*
    I learned everything I know not to do from Horton
  • RBRB Posts: 65 Baller
    The fact that horton will not get to this review until two years after he received the ski, is quite revealing about the "review" process.
    Than_BoganJordan
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,362 Mega Baller
    @RB Could be wrong but I think the T3 Horton unboxed was a joke. It think was for Dirt and Horton got it diverted.
  • chris55chris55 Posts: 227 Baller
    I did ask Horton about a review of theT3 last year already.....I have faith that it will come.....one day.....I am riding a T2 and I woudl love to try a T3 but very difficult to have one to try here in Geneva
    customski
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 770 Crazy Baller
    @Razorskier1, it sure looked like that 4@41could have been a run pass @41. I don't think he'd argue. That ski looked like it was doing exactly what he wanted it to do, but I suppose only he could tell us that. I sure can't