Reflex Liner Question

NandoNando Posts: 350 Solid Baller
My thin Reflex liners are about shot, as is my R-type rear liner. I have very little space between the shell and my foot, but the fit with the thin liners is great. The short Fluid Motion liner for my rear boot is tempting, but it's pretty pricey ($121 Canadian). Fluid Motion has a thin liner that's going for $25. At that price, it's pretty much a can't lose proposition, but does anyone have any experience with them? Also, any downside to using a high liner in an R-type rear binding? (I ski occasionally with a guy who does that and he says it's fine.)
Tagged:

Comments

• skialexskialex Posts: 590 Solid Baller
    I know a guy who does that too and says it's fine, but I also know guys that use thin liners in R-styles and they have cut down the top part.
    Take a thin liner to a shoe repair store and they will make it for you.
  • MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,673 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    I use an Intuition Aqua liner for the R style rear. I use a Velcro wrap around the ankle to keep it tight around my leg. It's not an issue so long as you do that.

Any other suggestions on thin liners are appreciated. My daughter's foot is growing. Her Reflex shell is fine, but she needs a thinner liner than the Intuition Aqua she is currently using. Was going to just pick up a Reflex at Nationals. I wasn't there, but my wife and daughter said that the have changed them and they are goofey/uncomfortable now.
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,063 MM Trick Skier / Eccentric Person
    edited September 12
    @MrJones Try heat molding her liner. Be sure to use toe caps for comfort and some grow room. The liners can squish a lot and might give a good new fit to a growing foot.

Snow ski shops with a good bootfitter can do a great heat molding job if you are uncomfortable with the process. Liners can get ruined when cooked wrong.

I do like the thicker liner for comfort and performance - but that's personal preference.

Eric
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 1,849 Crazy Baller
    If you want to compress out the liner in areas or if it is too "thick" you can wear extra socks or build up areas on your foot before molding - you can even just wad some papertowel in areas you want more space and it will squish out the liner there.
  • JmoskiJmoski Posts: 120 Baller
    I run a full reflex liner in my r-style rear. When I ordered it I asked for a Velcro strap to secure the top. My handy wife stitched it in place - works great.

• NandoNando Posts: 350 Solid Baller
    Just received the $25 Fluid Motion liners and they are extremely comfortable and look well-made. For the R-style, it will need to be shortened or have a strap added, but at that price, if you're looking for replacement liners, I don' think these can be beat.
  • BdeckerBdecker Posts: 181 Baller
    My intuition liner for the rear is shot, and i’m thinking of moving to a short liner in the rear (r-style boot already). Can you run footbeds in the standard reflex short liner? It is unclear if that is a moldable liner from descriptions I’ve seen.
  • Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 1,575
    When I switched to the R-Style rear, I did not go with the short liner. Instead I opted for the thin Reflex Liner, which came with the Velcro strap attached to it. Fools your subconscious into thinking you are still in a full boot, but now have a greater range of motion. Is heat moldable and works great.

Loving the Reflex Supershell with R Style Rear !!!
    skierjp
  • BdeckerBdecker Posts: 181 Baller
    Thanks @Ed_Johnson - I found the transition super easy and don’t think I need to fool myself with a taller liner any longer. I have been running a full liner since August with an R-style and no velcro. I actually have a brand new set of intuitions in my garage, but I kinda like the idea of a shorter liner if I can still run my footbeds. Maybe I should just take them to a tailor/seamstress and have her shorter it.
  • skierjpskierjp Posts: 455 Solid Baller
    The Intuition liners that come in the Radar Vapor bindings are the best I've seen. They last forever and will not have any bad smell. The liner that came on the Reflex I tried was junk!