Vapor Boot featuring Carbitex Technology

HortonHorton Posts: 23,516 Administrator

Carbitex is an incredible partner allowing us to innovate the Vapor boot to the next level.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

Tagged:

Comments

• Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,738 Mega Baller
    I love my new 2017/2018 Carbitex boots. Fantastic comfort and control that is solid and forgiving.
  • perfskiperfski Posts: 72 Water Ski Industry Professional
    New Micro adjust Boa system is amazing...as it allows you to loosen / tighten it in very small increments. Also the new liner upgrade is being really well received. Will sell alot of these this year.
  • kckc Posts: 64 Baller
    @perfski so there's a new liner for 2018?
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,149 Mega Baller
    I dig my new Carbitex boot also. I utilized my older liner with the inserts.
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

• jerrymjerrym Posts: 57 Baller
    Love mine too....highly recommended!
    Deke
    @kc for sure there is. A big upgrade. The liner incorporates Celliant material that is supposed to reduce foot fatique / allow you to me more comfortable. You can read more about it here. http://celliant.com/ Also the new Boa on it is micro adjustable and makes minute adjustments to tightening or loosening the boot a cinch. More on the video on our web page.

http://www.perfski.com/ski/slaloms/waterski-bindings/radar-2018-right-carbitex-vapor-boot.html
  • kckc Posts: 64 Baller
    Thanks @perfski
  • DkLkSkrDkLkSkr Posts: 40 Baller
    Is the sizing of the profile bindings comparable to the vapor carbitex? The person I am buying for fits the 7/8 profile, would the 8 vapor be the same size?
    Gregg Doster
  • gsm_petergsm_peter Posts: 630 Solid Baller
    Is there any plans for wider Vapor boots?
    I can not use my normal foot size and they do not seem to get wider ower time.
    Life is too short not to enjoy every day!
  • rawlyrawly Posts: 438 Baller
    Most people buy the Vapor boots one size larger than your shoe size. I put the footbed inside of my boot , then cut thin plastic shim stock ( .020" ) in the shape of the footbed and place under liner. This allows you to get the fit you want , and the plastic protects the bottom of the boot from the elevated bosses that hold the threaded inserts of the boot. The plastic also helps the liner release in a crash. The bosses are what tears up the bottom of the liners. Hope this helps someone out there in " Ballerland "
    amnesia
  • pregompregom Posts: 65 Baller
    @rawly so, what vapor size would you get if the shoe size is 10.5? I'm thinking that size 11 should be enough. I can't see going to size 12, even with the plastic shim you recommend. Would you agree?
  • rawlyrawly Posts: 438 Baller
    I wear 8 1/2 or 9 shoes depending on the brand and I use size 10 vapors. I have a wide foot. Most people tighten the boa laces and run the top laces pretty loose. The laces will adjust to a smaller foot , but can't help in the opposite direction. Radar is so good with their customers , so I am sure they will make you happy with an exchange if you are not able to try them out at a ski shop near you.
  • mjnelsonmjnelson Posts: 13 Baller
    They look sweet. I really like my 2015's until the rubber in the back fell apart and Radar would not warranty them.
    scotchipmanmwetskier
    @gsm_peter no "wide" versions that I've heard of...have had some people go bigger, but if you have a wide foot...might look more at the profile boot as it has a wider last in it. You can heat mold the boots putting on some extra socks may help, but typically best for a normal /narrower foot profile from trying them on with customers. @pregom go 11 for sure to start. Remember the liners can be heat molded to be adjusted if you need a bit more room. @mjnelson who did you buy them from? have you spoken to the shop? thats the first place to try....they can be your advocate...if they are outside warranty...Radar will sometimes offer customers some extra consideration on replacements. Worth a shot.
    gsm_peterjipster43
  • spicolispicoli Posts: 109 Baller
    I've wore them since they came out love them and have the new ones but the only place I've see on all and friends is the back rubber witch will tear out of threads and I see no improvement there wish they would sew them deeper in the seam and back it up with gorilla glue.i cut seam open on my 15 and stuck it back in glued it clamped it they held up fo a while but bit the bullet got the 17 .I guess I should have told them I might have gotten the deal @mjnelson was offered .
    TFIN
  • TallSkinnyGuyTallSkinnyGuy Posts: 516 Solid Baller
    Anyone have advice on how to test the release of the Vapor Carbitex boot while keeping the boot in returnable condition? FedEx dropped one at my doorstep today, but I want to make sure I can release properly from the boot before I commit to it.

I am currently using Connelly Talon bindings but have to not use the top lace loops for the lower section and keep the cuff laces very loose for my feet to come out. I bought a Vapor boot for my front foot with the hope that I could have a boot with more support but as releasable as my Talon setup.

So, does the binding have to be wet to accurately test its release? Any other factors I need to consider that affect the release?
  • Buoyhead69Buoyhead69 Posts: 43 Baller
    Hey @spicoli does the 2017 Vapor carbitex have that rubber thing in the back by the Achilles/calf area like the 2016??? I hate that thing, I just posted on it today. I've ripped that several times & had to had a back up 2016 new in box (found a sweet deal online this winter so I bought 2). I assumed the 2017 carbitex eliminated that rubber piece? Am I wrong on that?? Otherwise Love the boot & really don't want to change...
  • JC McCavitJC McCavit Posts: 431 Baller
    How is the 2018 shell different from the 2017? Is the boa knob a larger diameter like those used on snowboard boots that allow the user to tighten down the toe area a little easier?
    JC McCavit
  • cragginshredcragginshred Posts: 639 Crazy Baller
    Biggest thing I have found is not lacing to tight -mainly the top ones. You can still snug it up pretty good on the bottom. @Buoyhead69 no rubber piece like the old vapor boots. Mine are 'Cabitex' not sure what the difference is between 'Carbitex' and 'Vapor Carbitex' tho??
    Vapor pro 2017
    @cragginshred Thank you for info, I checked the Radar website, it appears Carbitex & Vapor Carbitex are, in fact, the same boot. Really glad Radar got rid of that rubber piece, the new one looks like a good design. I guess it better be for $320, yikes! I'll buy it next spring when my 2016 rips again... FYI I've never had any issues releasing from my Vapors.
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,738 Mega Baller
    I love my Carbitex boots. I actually have the 2018 model already - and there are slight differences to the 2017 and 2018 models as @perfski mentioned. Highly recommend them - you will not be disappointed. Remember - boots are an investment, just like your ski.
    Buoyhead69
  • OldboyIIOldboyII Posts: 433 Baller
    edited September 29
    https://www.radarskis.com/product/2018-vapor/
    Looks like rubber back of the boot is still in place.
    Because it is a part of release system ?
    @OldboyII thanks for the link. After looking at the pictures and still having some doubt I decided to call Radar directly. The woman was very nice on the phone but she didn't know. She'd be happy to get me to the director of boot design/production, but unfortunately... he's in China! LOL see thread below "which skis made in USA." She said he'll send me an email
  • raynrayn Posts: 333 Baller
    I looked at my partners 2018 carbitex and can confirm there is still rubber from the heel to the top of the boot.
    Ray Newmark -
    edited September 29
    @rayn OK thanks so much for that. Has he had any issues with rips? Anybody out there care to share their experience with the durability of the 2017 or 2018 Vapor boot?
  • TallSkinnyGuyTallSkinnyGuy Posts: 516 Solid Baller
    My understanding is that the rubber is a vital part of the boot's release system because it allows that part of the shell to stretch to allow the liner/foot to come out in a fall.
  • thagerthager Posts: 3,787 Mega Baller
    I have had 09 RS-1s, 12 Stradas, 14 and 16 Vapor boots on various skis. Never had a problem with any of them. However, I never take the liners out of the shell to dry either.
    Stir vigorously then leave!
    Chef23MS
  • ShererSkierShererSkier Posts: 62 Baller
    @thager Are there directions that say to remove the liners to dry? Is that what might cause undo stress on the rubber backing? Just curious because I was thinking of trying the carbitex 18's and this thread is making me think twice if people are having durability problems with the rubber backing.
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 4,838 Mega Baller
    I never take my liners out if I can avoid it. Pretty much my liners only come out if I fall. It seems to help them last longer.
    Mark Shaffer
  • thagerthager Posts: 3,787 Mega Baller
    No directions I can think of. Never known anyone personally that has had a problem on any Radar high end boot.
    Stir vigorously then leave!