STOLEN!!!!!

DmaxJC_skiDmaxJC_ski Posts: 341 Baller
4 G23 Nautiques....

Last spotted heading east of Winnipeg, about 10 hours ago. Keep an ear/eye out for these fantastic people that run this company.

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 23,512 Administrator
    meh. Canadian wakeboard boats. Whatever. If they never turn up it may save a ski Lake.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

aupatkingoldjeepdavid_quailKillereleeskiMattPWaterSkier12AndreWishOSUwaterskierpgmooreslowswc5150ntxRazorRoss3mlangetravtitlejpattigrScarletArrowcedarskier6Justin
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,359 Mega Baller
    Probably already in a shipping container on there way to South America or Asia.
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 2,573 Mega Baller
    @Horton rest assured that nobody wants to put a surf boat in 6ft of water
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
    Kdinger838OSUwaterskierslow
  • BulldogBulldog Posts: 941 Solid Baller
    I hope these asshole thiefs get caught. No one deserves to have their boats stolen. Especially a good dealer.
    Mike Loeffler - "Someone somewhere is having a real problem today...My bad skiing is NOT one of them"
  • liquid dliquid d Posts: 795 Crazy Baller
    seems like an internet hoax. How on God's green earth are you going to hide those? and 4? they came with a caravan of Suburbans?
  • BulldogBulldog Posts: 941 Solid Baller
    Not a hoax. It was on multiple media outlets. Sounds like these guys scopes out the dealer before the theft. Took out the cameras. I just hope no one pays for the boats and gets ripped off or worse by buying stolen property.....
    Mike Loeffler - "Someone somewhere is having a real problem today...My bad skiing is NOT one of them"
  • DmaxJC_skiDmaxJC_ski Posts: 341 Baller
    Hopefully that link isn't too long, first time I've tried that, anyways it's the news clip reguarding the story with the camera footage.

https://goo.gl/8s6w3S
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,377
    edited September 15
    Just curious whats the $ value on that combination of boats? 600k upwards? I reckon its wakeboarders funding an endless summer... But seriously its not cool and they will get caught.
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski: KD Platinum

• Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 1,483 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Surely these boats all have serial numbers, I was under the impression you could not buy parts or have the boat serviced etc, with out a registered number, in this case, at some point, surely it would flag up as stolen ?

"How Nice Is It, When You Feel The Boat Release You ”

• spicolispicoli Posts: 109 Baller
    This might be same group they stole yamaha outboards quarter mill worth came in dealer had there own fork truck ran out of propane and took the dealers fork truck to finish took them right off boats months later they hit Malibu dealer climbed the poles put blankets over lights took all there yamaha off now they park a dozer in frt gate every night.
    aupatking
  • liquid dliquid d Posts: 795 Crazy Baller
    damn Canadians...
    WaterSkier12albertabrad
    What I find crazy is they spent 2 1/2 hours in the yard arranging boats un noticed, unfortunately with our economy and dollar being in the toilet for going on 3 years stuff like this isn't uncommon, petty theft to grand theft. I've had my welding cables cut off my truck so they can strip it and sell the copper, had the emergency breakaway battery stolen from my car trailer out on my farm. Atv's , snowmobiles you name it. Now this may be on a lot larger scale of crime, but then again you never know what someone will do to pay the mortgage so they have a roof over their head for another month either.
    This seems a lot more than someone trying to pay the bills. You come with 4 trucks capable of towing a G23 on a triple trailer and clearly some sort of plan to get rid of them since you took 4. Likely headed for containers somewhere to ship over seas. Hard part to believe is that the RCMP can't find a caravan of boats those colors headed down the highway. Lots of people had to notice that train.
    Chuck P
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 1,818 Mega Baller
    They were probably on a ship heading overseas within 24 hours.

A friend had a year old 200 stolen in Aspen, Colorado a few years ago. As far as I know, it was never recovered. Some Russian (or where ever stolen boats go, maybe Asia) is probably skiing behind it now.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 1,623 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I heard they were spotted in Winnipeg, but not recovered. No doubt these were boosted by pros, and on their way to a location where they'll never be found.
    Scott Calderwood
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 1,897 Crazy Baller
    Due to the dollar value involved and the volume, it wasn't a fly by night , if you'll pardon the expression, operation. They're not trying to peddle them at the flea market this weekend. The had a buyer or at least a "broker" already involved. Most likely the didn't take the same route so as not to attract attention. Luxury cars disappear like that and obviously end up over seas, where no one cares about registration or serial numbers. If you need service you just put in an order for another one to be stolen.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,359 Mega Baller
    There was a local car dealership that had wheels and tires stolen from around 200 cars in one night. Police said there was a crew that was going around the country doing this. Still I'd be looking past and present employees.
    dip
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 572 Crazy Baller
    Canada is getting pretty notorious for this on the snowmobile forums as well. Guys will have full enclosed trailers with multiple sleds boosted right out of hotel lots if the rig isn't parked in such a way to prevent them getting another truck closeby. God forbid you ever disconnect your truck from your trailer to drive into town to grab a bite or some provisions...
    Killer
    edited September 15
    Haaa the most dislikes of ever had on my own website! Sometimes I do have to remind you guys this is a slalom oriented tournament water ski website. For those of you actually irritated by my original comment have a little sense of humor.

I agree that this is an amazing caper. If these guys ever get caught I think the story will be pretty darn interesting.

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

dvskier
  • KillerKiller Posts: 236 Baller
    @UWSkier getting? those stories have been around of over 20 years. There was a certain part of Quebec that was known for it, but again many many years ago. Totally baseless
    oldjeep
    @UWSkier that isn't a uniquely Canadian thing. You leave a trailer full of 20K worth of sleds unsecured it has a good chance of disappearing anywhere. Pretty much any enclosed trailer needs to be locked to the tow vehicle in an overnight parking lot.
    Chuck P
  • Mateo VargasMateo Vargas Posts: 683 Crazy Baller
    I would think they are too wide to fit in a container.
    Success is failure that just hasn't happened yet
    Horton
    edited September 15
    @Mateo Vargas Yes @ColeGiacopuzzi and I were just talking about that. This is really like a jewel or bank robbery. These guy must be sophisticated big time players or... Coen Brothers character level screw ups.

• klindyklindy Posts: 1,910 Mega Baller
    If they don't fit (sideways or on an angle or otherwise) the shippers are glad to top load them. Basically put them on a pallet and load.
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Vice President
    @klindy but don't they have to go in the container and put on a truck before they can get to a port. It's a wide load for regular semi I think.

If they were spotted east of Winnipeg, they would have to be shipping off the east coast which would take them 2-3 days from Edmonton, and I would think they wouldn't fit in a container. Not to mention there would have to be some dirty shipping/border types working on this deal also, how the hell would it go unnoticed? Many many layers possible to this deal that's for sure. It would be awesome to have them busted red handed that's for sure. 200k in possession should net a few days in the clink.
  • jcampjcamp Posts: 607 Crazy Baller
    @Mateo Vargas Greeeeeee-heeeeeeee-zeeeeeee.