Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Something newer than S2?

Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,776 Mega Baller
I'm looking for suggestions on a ski for my wife. She recently was on a Monza but a few weeks ago a buddy graciously sent over his S2 for her to try. It is really working well for her - last night she ran her first 22' @34mph. Now we are wondering if we keep that ski and get a new one later or are the performance characteristics of the newest skis another step beyond the S2? Thanks for the input.

Comments

• skiboynyskiboyny Posts: 168 Baller
    I would pay attention to any ski that raises my buoy count. S2 was a great ski. There are no miracle skis IMO. They all do something a little differently. Find one that fits and ride it till the magic is gone. Then it's time for something different. Part of the fun of progression!
    Wishsavaiusini
  • bigskieridahobigskieridaho Posts: 874 Crazy Baller
    Yep great ski. If it is working roll with it. I have a V Type which is an A3 tail and S2 body. Always could move up to the new VTX, VTR etc when she is ready.
  • WishWish Posts: 7,316 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited September 2017
    What Cord said..S2 ...set personal tournament best on that ski. I'll be keeping it for my daughter if and when she comes back to skiing.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • ISP6ballISP6ball Posts: 139 Baller
    S2 is a great ski. She can't go wrong staying on it for awhile.
  • skihartskihart Posts: 449 Solid Baller
    The S2 gained me almost a full line length a few years back. My favourite ski of all time. Traded up through a couple of Vapors but have my tourney best on the S2.
    BraceMaker
  • evolskievolski Posts: 58 Baller
    S2 is the most consistent ski I have had. Also better in rougher waters that other skies.
    Good luck and I also ski with my wife, it's great. Wait till she starts beating you.
    Skoot1123
  • KDubKDub Posts: 13 Baller
    I'm a female skier, and I think the S2 is one of the best skis I have ever ridden. Still have a tournament PB on that ski. If it's working why anything different? Newer isn't always better just usually more expensive!!!!!
    Skoot1123
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,776 Mega Baller
    @AdamCord - was actually thinking about this - a new Denali?!
    Wish