Something newer than S2?

Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,739 Mega Baller
I'm looking for suggestions on a ski for my wife. She recently was on a Monza but a few weeks ago a buddy graciously sent over his S2 for her to try. It is really working well for her - last night she ran her first 22' @34mph. Now we are wondering if we keep that ski and get a new one later or are the performance characteristics of the newest skis another step beyond the S2? Thanks for the input.

Comments

• skiboynyskiboyny Posts: 128 Baller
    I would pay attention to any ski that raises my buoy count. S2 was a great ski. There are no miracle skis IMO. They all do something a little differently. Find one that fits and ride it till the magic is gone. Then it's time for something different. Part of the fun of progression!
    Wishsavaiusini
  • bigskieridahobigskieridaho Posts: 575 Crazy Baller
    Yep great ski. If it is working roll with it. I have a V Type which is an A3 tail and S2 body. Always could move up to the new VTX, VTR etc when she is ready.
  • WishWish Posts: 6,753 Mega Baller
    edited September 15
    What Cord said..S2 ...set personal tournament best on that ski. I'll be keeping it for my daughter if and when she comes back to skiing.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • ISP6ballISP6ball Posts: 77 Baller
    S2 is a great ski. She can't go wrong staying on it for awhile.
  • skihartskihart Posts: 348 Baller
    The S2 gained me almost a full line length a few years back. My favourite ski of all time. Traded up through a couple of Vapors but have my tourney best on the S2.
    BraceMaker
  • evolskievolski Posts: 51 Baller
    S2 is the most consistent ski I have had. Also better in rougher waters that other skies.
    Good luck and I also ski with my wife, it's great. Wait till she starts beating you.
    Skoot1123
  • KDubKDub Posts: 13 Baller
    I'm a female skier, and I think the S2 is one of the best skis I have ever ridden. Still have a tournament PB on that ski. If it's working why anything different? Newer isn't always better just usually more expensive!!!!!
    Skoot1123
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,739 Mega Baller
    @AdamCord - was actually thinking about this - a new Denali?!
    Wish