WHEN??? 2018 SUPREME CARBON PRO Open Bow

Dacon62Dacon62 Posts: 423 Solid Baller
edited September 16 in Boat Talk
Must be close to the time when this new model makes its appearance.
Anyone have news?

Comments

• Mateo VargasMateo Vargas Posts: 683 Crazy Baller
    Are you talking about the Ski Supremacist?
    Success is failure that just hasn't happened yet
    Killerjimbrake
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,148 Crazy Baller
    @Dacon62 the title is false advertising. Based on the title I thought you had pictures.
    keithh2oskier
  • Dacon62Dacon62 Posts: 423 Solid Baller
    @Bill22 Title changed to more accurately reflect the content.
    @Dacon62 ha ha... I was just giving you a hard time.

Even though I am not in the market for a new boat for some reason I am a little excited about this boat. Maybe because it could be the only new ski boat under $50K (other than Gecko).
    edited September 16
    Yeah, pretty interested in how this works out as well.
    From the skiers around here that have been behind the Centurion Carbon Pro they say it has a really nice slalom wake.
    With great wakes, an open bow and hopefully a noticeably lower price point than MC, BU and CC it may shake things up a bit.
    Even if tracking is not quite as good it doesn't really matter that much at the 15/22 length I ski at.
    escmanazesantangeloObrienslalom
    Sounds like it will still be a few months before the release.
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 944 Crazy Baller
    Latest issue of the Waterskier had an ad saying it was coming soon.
    Kelvin Kelm, Lakes of Katy, Katy Texas
  • bishop8950bishop8950 Posts: 874 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Its happening, just slower than originally expected. Spy stuff could be seen before year end.
    RAWSki
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 1,623 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @Bill22 Is the current CP even under $50k new?
    Scott Calderwood
    @swc5150 I was expecting someone to call me out on that. If you're dreaming why not dream big? I took the old CP price and rounded down.
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 1,623 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @Bill22 Nothing wrong with a little daydreaming:)
    Scott Calderwood
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 2,573 Mega Baller
    50's? Why not just buy a one year old Malibu for the same price and not have a stripped down boat? I'll be curious to see if the keep the classy graphics from the centurion or use the god awful ugly stuff they put on the supreme v drives.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
    6balls
  • bigskieridahobigskieridaho Posts: 569 Crazy Baller
    This coming from a guy that has a V drive....@oldjeep. I have a Malibu, but if I could have bought an open bow CP that's what I would have.
    UWSkierRAWSki
    It's mid October and still no picture have leaked out. I guess it's not going to be ready for spring '18.
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 572 Crazy Baller
    @bigskieridaho what's wrong with @oldjeep's boat and what's that got to do with this thread? I tend to agree with him. You can find 2015/2016 TXis in the 50ish range that will offer far more versatility and better resale.
  • bigskieridahobigskieridaho Posts: 569 Crazy Baller
    @UWSkier guess we can't joke around on here. Lighten up.
  • BdeckerBdecker Posts: 176 Baller
    @oldjeep - I often find myself looking for the heated seats or moving weights around in other boats to balance them and really miss the features in my stripped down Carbon Pro:) I don’t miss a single thing from the 2011 lxi I had before.

Looking forward to seeing what comes next for the Carbon Pro, although I kinda wish they would just put whatever name they want on the current one. The recipe seems pretty perfect as is.
    Than_Boganbishop8950Bill22santangelo
    edited October 14
    @Bdecker - what modern boats don't have heated seats? Most useless feature in my Malibu, but it is there.
    Chuck P
    edited October 14
    As I have never had the opportunity to test out one can a Carbon Pro owner offer some opinions?

What is the top speed with the 5.7/6.0 liter?
    How does the ride compare to say a TXi?
    Longer line wakes (15-28')?
    Fit and finish?

I hope they nail what people are after on this new model. I am hoping to move into something new/near new in spring and definitely have this boat on the radar screen.

I notice that the current boat has a fairly narrow beam (91") comparatively. I would hope they push the sides out a bit on the new Open Bow version.

@Bdecker...If I'm not mistaken the Carbon Pro is one of 2 boats that offer a passenger side, under bow, ballast tank. Prostar has the MTS (Mastercraft Training System) as an option as well.
  • herkyjerkyherkyjerky Posts: 6 Baller
    i hope you buy one,then i can drive for you ;) ;)
    Dacon626ballselr
    edited October 14
    Welcome to Ball of Spray @herkyjerky.
    You can drive for me anytime and always enjoy skiing together no matter what boat it is.
    herkyjerky
  • bishop8950bishop8950 Posts: 874 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    edited October 14
    I have partial ownership of 2x6.0Ls and 1x5.7L

Top speed depends on prop. Standard prop 6.0L 47-49mph. 5.7L around 45mph?

I ski all the current boats and could PB behind any of them. But over all, I am convinced the CP had the best wake at any speed or line length.

I only ride in boats on private lakes so not sure about the ride in open water. Given the Txi is a bigger boat it may be better than a CP.

I think the fit and finish is good and all I need. But Nautique sets the standard and the fit and finish of the 200 is so nice.

I don’t miss carpet at all. I like sea deck better than the bare fiberglass option in the MC or Malibu but I would go fiberglass over carpet.

Come to NorCal and you can test any of our 3
    Dacon62
    @oldjeep I normally agree with you but I gotta call you out on this one. How can you call a boat stripped down and you posted a while back that you have never even seen a CP? I guess every boat needs an iPad on the dash???

We have been through this same conversation many times on BOS. Some try to put down the CP for no good reason. I have enjoyed skiing it many times at longer lines (-15,-22/32-34mph). I hope to get a look at the OB CP next year.
  • dvskierdvskier Posts: 121 Baller
    Never driven a CP but the wakes are amazing. No problems at any speed.
    edited October 14
    I am not being a jerk just a friendly debate.
  • CentCent Posts: 79 Baller
    My 6.0 CP has a top speed of 48 to 49.

Wakes at longer lines are excellent which is why I own it. My ski partner is my wife and she loves it.

We frequently ski with just the two of us and are big users of the built in ballast balancing feature.

As to flooring I like it far better than carpet. I have also had a fiberglass floor which I prefer over carpet.

I feel my fit and finish is excellent. Of the boats available it is my first choice. It does what it was designed to do efficiently and without unnecessary features for our purposes. That was its design concept and it delivers what was intended. I am sorry to see it going away. I am sure the new changes will benefit some people but they won't be features I want.

I am going into my 35 th year with owning, using, and selling tournament boats from multiple manufactures. The CP for my wife and I is a joy. I love to hear it every time it starts.

The CP is a ski boat pure and simple and a that is my preference.

Having said all the above if I needed a bow rider the new CP Supreme would be of interest.
    Dacon62santangelo
    @Bill22 true, never seen one in person but seen plenty of pictures. Not too many folks disagree that the cp is a "basic" boat compared to the big 3. But, beauty is in the eye of the beer holder. I'd take a couple year old Malibu over every new supreme or centurion I've seen at the boat shows (no Cp's )
    Chuck P
    Basic is probably a fair assessment.