2018 MALIBU TXi - NEW STANDARD ADVANCED RUDDER CONTROL?

Dacon62Dacon62 Posts: 423 Solid Baller
Taken from ad copy...

"The 2018 Response TXi has been built with Advanced Rudder Control—adjust the steering load and drive ski courses with the utmost consistency."

Is this something new to adjust on the fly, something that can be adjusted easily while the boat is in the water, a new name for the adjustable rudder tab Malibu has had for some time or?

@Chad_Scott

Comments

• mbabiashmbabiash Posts: 294 Baller
    Can it be retrofitted to the 17 model?
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 1,623 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    MC, are you listening?!
    Scott Calderwood
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,465 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Every tourney boat should have an adjustable rudder...my 2000 model 196 has it why not the new boats????
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    scotchipman
  • WoodySkierWoodySkier Posts: 11 Baller
    It's unbelievable to me that all the tourney boats don't have an adjustable tab on the rudder. Nautique has had this for what 20 years? Malibu finally got the message but you have MC owners changing the steering connection and grinding the rudder. With all the advanced stuff on boats these days, this just seems like a really simple add that's not really complicated or expensive. Maybe Nautique has a patent on it?
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 2,573 Mega Baller
    edited September 18
    My 2012 Malibu vtx has an adjustable rudder. Has Malibu not been putting them on the response?
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
    MuskokaKy
  • mbabiashmbabiash Posts: 294 Baller
    Malibu has had an adjustable tab since my 99 response.
    Looks like they just changed the tab to a different shape and size.
  • skihackerskihacker Posts: 165 Baller
    Must have been an option for malibu? My 2004 rlxi doesn't have it, my buddy's 99 lx doesn't either.
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 1,810 Crazy Baller
    Still curious if this is tunable on the fly? Adjustable rudder is great and all until you have to hoist the boat and swim under it to make changes.
  • tru-jacktru-jack Posts: 138 Baller
    my 2007 rlxi has the tab. I purchased from the promo director and it was shaved and was explained that the shave work best compared to the small tab to really dial it in for the course.
    are there any other changes on the 2018? am interested on the right deal promo 17 or can wait for 18 if they made any improvements?
  • scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 3,653
    @mbabiash Malibu did not have an adjustable rudder until around 2007, I had to grind the rudder on my 2000 Response LX.

It is crazy that latest MasterCraft ProStar does not have an adjustable rudder....they use to have it before the new ProStar came out in 2014.

- President of the Utah Water Ski Club
    - Crypto Investing pays for my water ski addiction