What were your "firsts" this year?

MISkierMISkier Posts: 1,854 Mega Baller
What were your "firsts" this year?

Of course, everyone is aiming for the next PB, but what other notable milestones did you reach this year?

For me, I try to find some bright spots when I haven't reached the score I want. It also helps me remember my overall enjoyment of the sport.

1. Driving a skier into mid 41 off at 36 mph at a tournament (@CaleBurdick with 3@-41 at the Tivoli Tidal Wave).
2. Running 28 off at 34 mph as an opener at a tournament - accidentally. The boat judge did not set the rope correctly. I had never done that before, not even in practice. Oddly, it wasn't even a scramble - I just felt a little narrow and wondered why it seemed to be a little more work.
3. Running 22 off at 36 mph as an opener at a tournament - on purpose. The main reason I did this is that my back was killing me that day and I didn't feel like I could run any extra passes - or any passes, really.
4. Getting a look at my "wall pass" in all three rounds of a tournament. Was also my highest average for a tournament.
5. Competing in double digit number of tournaments this calendar year.
6. Reaching Level 7 in my age division.
7. Skiing in the pouring rain at the State Championship and completing some of my best passes ever in it. Tripped up, again, by the "wall pass".

I did increase my 34 mph PB by one buoy, but didn't make any headway at 36 mph.

Still left on the table:

Running my "wall pass" at 34 mph at a tournament - I'm at 4 ball and I run it a few times a year in practice.
Running my "wall pass" at 36 mph at a tournament - that stands at 5 ball.
Qualifying for Nationals.

The tournaments are over in Michigan for the year. Looking to next season.
The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
sunvalleylawlpskierCamaupatking9400DaveDCaleBurdick

Comments

• Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,148 Crazy Baller
    edited September 25
    @BrennanKMN daggone... what are you eating for breakfast? Wheaties?
  • thagerthager Posts: 3,784 Mega Baller
    First year in a long time with no improvement and no tournaments! New job, no time.
    Stir vigorously then leave!
    Cambraindamage
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 1,818 Mega Baller
    I shortchanged myself on my Nationals score: 2@11.25. But Chad Scott gave me the pull behind a 5.3 liter Nautique, and that's probably worth a pass right there!
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    sunvalleylaw6ballsadkh2oskier
  • SkierAtHeartSkierAtHeart Posts: 2 Baller
    Finally starting to run the course with consistency.

@keithh2oskier that was so exciting to see Shauri so happy when she ran that pass for the first time.

jcampsunvalleylaw6ballsCam
  • bikesrusbikesrus Posts: 19 Baller
    edited September 26
    First year seeing Lake Nacimiento 100%full
    First time in a long time being in good shape and having my knee feel good enough to ski multiple passes per weekend.
    First year making openers in all of our tournaments
    Hopefully a few more firsts before winter hits!
    sunvalleylawMISkierBeastmode