October season bests!

Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 5,621 Mega Baller
It seems like there may really be something to these new skis. We've just moved into drysuits here in Massachusetts, which might not seem conducive to season bests, but nevertheless:

My regular ski partner, @MikeT, has had a distinct uptick in performance with his new Goode XTR, and is knocking hard at running -38, with several 5s and 4s, both season bests.

And with my back finally (mostly) healed, I'm starting to unleash the power of the Denali c-65! I had already run more -35s with it than the rest of the season, but then yesterday I registered a new season high with a full 3 @ -38.

Looking forward to more fun and more buoys with this thing in the limited time before we have to call it a season, usually around the first week of November.
Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
Pat MBdecker6ballsBuoyhead69Chef23sunvalleylawWishjipster43

Comments

• BdeckerBdecker Posts: 181 Baller
    Same here up in NH! Been a great month so far. It’ll be interesting if these colder nights start to cut into the buoy count. Great skiing guys!
    Than_Bogan
  • sunvalleylawsunvalleylaw Posts: 1,054 Crazy Baller
    Congrats! Great result. Inspires one not to give up on it just because the water is colder.
  • alex38alex38 Posts: 442 Baller
    edited October 14
    I thought September was good... this has been ROCKtober 17! couple solid 32’s qualify me for awesome late skiing

MISkiersunvalleylaw6balls
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 1,827 Mega Baller
    @scotchipman So I heard from Abby. Great skiing! Thanks so much for taking her out.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
  • BrennanKMNBrennanKMN Posts: 302 Solid Baller
    edited October 15
    I haven't been able to get a decent ski day in October yet. I have been out 4 times and each time it was either wind or sun that ran us off the lake far sooner then I would have liked.
    Unfortunately the weather just hasn't cooperated for me in my late season goals.
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 1,861 Mega Baller
    I had my best sets of the year last Sunday and Monday. A less than stellar day on Friday. The next week has many days in the low 70s, so there might be another opportunity yet.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
    DaveD
  • scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 3,659
    No problem @lpskier, it was fun to get her out, will for sure get her out some more.

Interesting note that my best score of the year (Friday the 13th) was also the day my impeller decided to go out, good thing I had a replacement with me or I would not have even been able to ski.
    - President of the Utah Water Ski Club
    - USI Tech pays for my water ski addiction
  • epnaultepnault Posts: 125 Baller
    I was just glad to get out in October. That means for a northern midwest guy I used my boat for 7 months in 2017 - 60 hrs. Not too bad.
    DaveD
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,412 Mega Baller
    Last October I had the month of a lifetime. Ran 38 every set I skied, sometimes more than once. Weather was warm and calm - skied almost every day! This October, well, I'm just happy to be skiing! I'm back to riding my Mapple 6.0 after a year on the 16 Vapor. Ski just suits me - so smooth, early and easy. Just running a bunch of 32 off and enjoying the ride.
    Jim Ross
    6ballsBdeckerDaveDRazorRoss3