O’Brien Pro Tour

G’day everyone, in the market for a new ski after a two year break while I had a baby. Before that I was an intermediate skier, averaging about 34mph on lakes and the river. Mainly used my dad’s Connelly Legend 67”. I’m just shy of 6 foot tall and around 85kg.
I’m looking at an O’Brien Pro Tour (probably the 2018 model), seems reasonably priced and a good ski for my build and level. What’s everyone heard about this ski? Or have you got any other recommendations?
Tagged:

Comments

• jayskijayski Posts: 517 Crazy Baller
    G5 or G4 I would say
  • _braintrain17_braintrain17 Posts: 5 Baller
    Thanks @jayski. Why are they better?
  • vtmechengvtmecheng Posts: 81 Baller
    Free skiing or running a course?
    @vtmecheng free skiing, both lake and river
  • vtmechengvtmecheng Posts: 81 Baller
    Take a look at the midrange options like Radar Senate and Connelly V. If free skiing just stick with the Alloy Senate or V, no need to pay more for the higher end versions. Also take a hard look at the HO Freeride. People seem to love the ski for having fun rides on a lake.
    _braintrain17
    Thanks @vtmecheng. I did think it wasn’t quite worth paying $2k for a ski for what I use it for. I’ll give those ones a look
  • RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 340 Solid Baller
    Maybe look for 2016 or 17 model still in a stores inventory ..... Mid-range or above. Sometimes you can save a lot of money and still get plenty of Ski.
    _braintrain17
    Yeah the only difference between the 2016/17 and the 2018 Pro Tour seems to be the graphics