Webcast of Connelly Skis NCWSA Nationals

KelvinKelvin Posts: 944 Crazy Baller
Links at NCWSA.com and www.sportpixusa.net
Kelvin Kelm, Lakes of Katy, Katy Texas
Bruce_ButterfieldHortonMuskokaKy

Comments

• lpskierlpskier Posts: 1,818 Mega Baller
    Glad to see Connelly Skis leading the way for collegiate skiing! Go Auburn! War Eagle!
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    aupatking
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 4,838 Mega Baller
    edited October 19
    Love watching this. I just watched someone run the course on jumpers right after Ellie Whitlock who is a great skier skied. Very fun I am sure it is a blast when you are there. I should have my son watch this and decide if this looks more fun than playing lacrosse in college which is his current plan.
    Mark Shaffer
    MattP
    Some kid from Cincinnati is jumping on a wakeboard and landing them no problem.
    Mark Shaffer
    Bill22eleeski
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 572 Crazy Baller
    @Chef23 LaCrosse doesn't include girls in bikinis, boats, etc. Ski team was the best time of my life. Would pay good money to be able to relive those days.
    jimbrake
  • Mike GileMike Gile Posts: 217 Solid Baller
    I didn't get anything done at work today thanks to this!

Miss those days
    jimbrakeBooze
  • jimbrakejimbrake Posts: 1,145 Crazy Baller
    I just got to watch my son jump (D2) and saw him at the awards, which was so cool.

At the D1 level there is some incredible skiing. At both levels they are all having a blast.
    "...all of the basic fun banter"
    DaveDMateo VargasBruce_Butterfield
  • dhofertdhofert Posts: 145 Baller
    @UWSkier I was thinking the same thing while I was watching today. Really wish I had started skiing sooner and went to a school that had a ski team. Hockey just doesn't have the girls in bikinis!
    I skied as a kid and never knew there was College skiing. If I had I might have made a different college decision.
    Mark Shaffer
    BrennanKMN
  • BoozeBooze Posts: 273 Baller
    Webcast appreciated. Saw my summer training partner Russell Durrand do a tourney personal best 4.5@38 Now lets just see if Bama can make it happen.
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 769 Crazy Baller
    Who’s doing the commentary? Fantastic job!
  • mnewthmnewth Posts: 18 Baller
    @aupatking - Current announcer is Curtis Williams from San Diego State. He's a kiwi that kills it on the mic.
    jimbrakeaupatkingbassfooterBill22
    Loved seeing the webcast today. I saw a bunch of kids I know through tournaments ski today.
    Mark Shaffer
  • bassfooterbassfooter Posts: 131 Baller
    @aupatking - Curtis also kills it setting up jump ramps and jump courses and leading his teammates in volunteering for a lot of the grunt work of keeping up our skiing area here in San Diego. Great kid with his whole life in front of him!
    aupatking
    Do schools really offer athletic scholarships for water skiing? I know a fair amount about scholarships through my sons lacrosse journey and there isn't a ton of money available for lacrosse. It would surprise me if there is a lot there for water skiing.
    Mark Shaffer
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,516 Administrator
    @Chef23 a ULM scholarship is how I got through college

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

@Horton that is interesting to know. I just did a little digging and it doesn't look like water skiing is an NCAA regulated sport so schools can give scholarships likely only regulated by making sure they fit Title 9 regulations.
    Mark Shaffer
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,516 Administrator

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

BroussardDaveDBruce_Butterfield
    @Kiwiskier Curtis did a fantastic job, as did his counterparts. Wish there was a way to have him on the mic at all the pro events.
    RazorRoss3jimbrake
    @Chef23 there are only a handful of schools that offer scholarships for skiing. Look for where the pro skiers go to college and you'll get an idea. Bunch of southern schools you've probably only heard of from reading waterski news.
    Chef23
    @UWSkier I figured that was the case.
    Mark Shaffer