Skiing on Lake Anna, VA

vtmechengvtmecheng Posts: 79 Baller
Not sure if this is the right category.
Until this summer I've only ever free skied on Lake Anna, VA. I'm now in Pittsburgh and am lucky to have found an amazing club this summer to ski with. The course skiing is what brought me here. I still go back to Lake Anna a few times a year for some family time on the lake. I'm curious if any ballers are Lake Anna regulars?
h2oSkiJunkie

Comments

• ObrienslalomObrienslalom Posts: 40 Baller
    This was my first summer there, but was there skiing about every weekend on the cold side. There are a few club around too, but haven't had a chance to join them yet.
    h2oSkiJunkie
  • vtmechengvtmecheng Posts: 79 Baller
    I had heard of a club on a nearby private lake but didn't know if any on Anna. A neighbor of my dad's would put in a temp course a few times a year but he stopped maybe 10 years ago. When I'm there we get up, have a bit of coffee, and hit the water before breakfast. We also try to get a run in before dark but sometimes I give the muscles a rest and have a margarita instead.
    braindamageh2oSkiJunkie
  • clemsondaveclemsondave Posts: 368 Baller
    There is a floating course on the private side near the power plant during the colder months. Sinking course also on private side. Our club, Richmond Water Ski Club, is about 40 minutes away. Corey Vaughn runs a ski school 15 minutes away. Let me know if you need details or contacts. clemsontigerdave@gmail.com
    Dave Satterfield - Richmond Water Ski Club
    MattPBill22
    Wish the cold side got some course love!
    h2oSkiJunkie
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,148 Crazy Baller
    @Obrienslalom I know someone with an insta-slalom for sale. It is located at the Chickahominy river but not in use.
    Nautibynatureh2oSkiJunkie
    I thought there was someone with a ski course up north of the splits, past Hunter's Landing. I don't know of it still goes in ever or if the person is the sharing type. Only read about it online from maybe 7 years back. I have wondered if there is a law about putting a course in since the cold side is so busy on summer weekends.
    h2oSkiJunkie
    Thanks @clemsondave. I only get down to the Lake Anna area maybe 3 times a year and it's mostly to spend time with my parents and enjoy the water. It would be a tough sell to head to a different place instead of family time. That said, man do I love the lake life!
    h2oSkiJunkie
    @Bill22 There is 0 chance my wife would have the patience to wait for me to set that up. I need to rely on being a mooch!
    vtmechengBill22h2oSkiJunkie
    @Obrienslalom that is understandable. Portable courses are definitely a labor of love, once you get a rythom with your crew it's not too bad. I don't recommend them for anyone unless you have at least 2-3 committed ski buddies.
    Nautibynatureh2oSkiJunkie
  • NautibynatureNautibynature Posts: 137 Baller
    @Obrienslalom It has the cable mainline and river adapters too!
    h2oSkiJunkie
    @h2oSkiJunkie did Charlie like the Vapor or are more sets need to decide?
    @h2oSkiJunkie I found your website a few years ago but wasn't doing course skiing then. Good to see you are still at it. Maybe one day I'll make the trip over.
    Obrienslalom
  • NautibynatureNautibynature Posts: 137 Baller
    @vtmecheng Corey's place is awesome, I have been there multiple times and would encourage you to give it a shot.