Another Hardshell Thread

NickDNickD Posts: 15 Baller
Been tossing around the idea of hardhsell bindings for awhile now, just haven't been able to pull the trigger. But after an injury this collegiate season I feel a change is in order. I've been looking into a few different brands. I haven't been able to find much on either the syndicate hardshells vs the Edge Hardshells. Ive heard from a few sources that they are pretty similar, I was hoping someone who knows more about this than me could shed some light on these two binders for me.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• mmosley899mmosley899 Posts: 392 Water Ski Industry Professional
    Those two are exactly the same boot and both use the Reflex release system which only releases in a heel up forward direction. What type of injury did you have?
    Mike's Overall Binding www.mobsystemrelease.com
    Sweet Home Alabama Skiing
    Senior Judge, Senior Driver, Tech Controller
    6balls
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,512 Administrator
    @NickD I have and use both the Syndicate and the Edge System. They are exactly the same except for the liner.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

NickD
  • wawaskrwawaskr Posts: 107 Baller
    How does the Syndicate compare with Reflex or Goode boots? What boots do you perfer and why?
    Matt
    supergadget
  • OldboyIIOldboyII Posts: 433 Baller
    For achilles protection - HO/Edge/Reflex.
    For both achilles and knee - MOB.
    IMO
  • musclefixermusclefixer Posts: 46 Baller
    Powershells are very comfortable. After 10 yrs just made a switch to reflex supershell 3.0 and they are almost identical in feel of the foot inside the boot. I use intuition liners in both cases. I did choose to go with a R-style rear and its allowing me to get more up on the front of the ski with releasing my heel more then the powershells did. I do think reflex has done a lot of research on its release mechanism and is consistent.
  • NickDNickD Posts: 15 Baller
    Thanks everyone for the input.

@mmosley899 it was heel up type fall/injury but I would not say I went OTF (if that makes a difference) . Resulted in a pretty gnarly sprained ankle.