So bumbed!

DooSPXDooSPX Posts: 328 Baller
edited October 27 in Other Stuff
I live in Highlands County, FL. One of the worst hit counties in the whole state by Hurricane Irma. Nov through March are normally my prime skiing and boating months. Though, looks like we will not be doing that this year due to the storm. House is mostly fine, some roof damage and water damage but not as bad as some who lost it all. Luckily, Family and boat are fine, but our lake, dock and only access to the lake are GONE! There is not a Singled standing intact dock on the whole 9,200 acre lake and the boat ramp got destroyed as well. Oh and lets not forget that the lake itself is now DISGUSTING! Reddish and tons of trash, wood, screws, nails, aluminum, etc in it. The waves on the Lake recorded 14 feet during our 145mph gust winds.
Jason Lord- 1991 MasterCraft Prostar 190 Powerslot-OJ CNC 4 blade
2011 Best in Show 1987-2000 class MasterCraft Reunion
Show boat - Weekend slalom tug

Comments

• m_pagsm_pags Posts: 49 Baller
    @DooSPX Sorry to hear that about the damage at your lake. What lake is it? We have a home on Lake Carrie also in Highlands County. We were very fortunate only minor damage to the roof, our boathouse and boat are fine. There is a course on Lake Francis that appears to have survived the storm. We do not live there full time but come 1 week a month from Nov. thru April. I have a portable course and would be happy to have someone to ski with.
    Bill22DooSPX
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 2,580 Mega Baller
    Ouch. Sounds like a lot of cleanup in your future.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • liquid dliquid d Posts: 796 Crazy Baller
    Has to be Lake Istokpoga...huge
  • ESPNSkierESPNSkier Posts: 117 Baller
    None of the courses are back in action on John’s Lake near Winter Garden yet either. Some docks were damaged and most are still underwater. Had 19” of water over my dock after the storm and it’s down to 8” now.
    Orlando76
  • Orlando76Orlando76 Posts: 536 Crazy Baller
    Before the storm I parked my boat at a friends building. Since the storm we’ve been too busy for our schedules to line up so I can get access to get it out. I have a clean portable course ready to go if anybody gets the itch....
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 1,827 Mega Baller
    Skiing is great at LaPoint Ski Park in Orlando. If your Lake or boat isn’t ready to go, but you are, please get in touch. We’d love to help out.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
  • DooSPXDooSPX Posts: 328 Baller
    @m_pags Lake Jackson in Sebring. It's nice to know there is another baller in HC! Thank you for the offer! I may take you up on that. Where is Lake Carrie? You can PM me if you wish sir.
    Jason Lord- 1991 MasterCraft Prostar 190 Powerslot-OJ CNC 4 blade
    2011 Best in Show 1987-2000 class MasterCraft Reunion
    Show boat - Weekend slalom tug