Perfect pass screen fading out

Monkstr6100Monkstr6100 Posts: 100 Baller
So on my perfect pass pro 6.5ng I am starting to more and more have issues with the screen fading out on it. I have been told its VERY common on this generation of screen and perfect pass agreed that it is/was a very known issue. Now here is the biggest problem. Perfect pass says they used to make an upgraded replacement gauge, but stop a year or so ago, and now my ONLY option is to UPGRADE for low cost of just under 800 cause they ONLY make stargazer based stuff now? Anyone have any tips for making my current gauge work better. It is caused by humidity, so only have issues in the early AM sets or when its just damp out in general. An hour in the sun and its good to go. Also, everything still works, its just the display goes away. Thanks in advance, Zach J
THE FAMILY THAT PLAYS TOGETHER, STAYS TOGETHER! TEAM JACHOWICZ

Comments

• Chef23Chef23 Posts: 4,838 Mega Baller
    I have tha problem with my multi line display. Sorry I don’t have a good solution for you.
    Mark Shaffer
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,148 Crazy Baller
    I have an old rev. 6.5 gauge but I am only selling it as a package with a PP classic master module. I will PM you more info.
  • Monkstr6100Monkstr6100 Posts: 100 Baller
    @Chef23 I read someplace about a guy opening his up and then sealing it some how. But can't seem to find that now. And another place that said that perfect pass has a little fix for it but the guy there that I talked to didn't seen to wanna say or didn't know. Always been a huge fan of them, great customer service usually, but this all shocked me. Mine is a 2006, so not like it should be some way out dated device. Especially with so many people going to ZO I would have expected more from PP.
  • Monkstr6100Monkstr6100 Posts: 100 Baller
    I may try this stuff as well. Found in another forum to open it up and apply this to the electronics. Waterproofer for electrical strip boards.
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 4,838 Mega Baller
    @Monkstr6100 if you figure it out let me know. My PP system is about 12 years old and I have upgraded to stargazer but I would rather not buy a new display.
    Mark Shaffer
  • JmoskiJmoski Posts: 113 Baller
    The upgrade is well worth it IMHO, you get a much easier to use interface, gps based control, course mapping, etc.

I had the same issue with my 2006 PP gauge, so happy I switched.
    jhughes
  • Fast351Fast351 Posts: 202 Baller
    Had this issue with my 2007 211. I had my gauge replaced under warranty, but exactly the same as you. Gauge would not be visible if humid. PP would work fine.

I would disassemble the gauge, get it REALLY dry, then conformal coat the board. That should stop the issue.
    Mike van Meeteren