How much did you ski this year?

HortonHorton Posts: 23,504 Administrator
I took ride 251 today. I am pretty sure that is the most rides I have taken in one year as an adult.

How much did you ski this year?

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

Comments

• MISkierMISkier Posts: 1,854 Mega Baller
    The usual. About 100 sets.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,310 Crazy Baller
    44 sets. This was the most sets and first injury free season in many years. I attribute it to two changes, training at 32 mph (yeah ZBS), and a new ski and boots.
  • braindamagebraindamage Posts: 43 Baller
    More than usual, but I didn't keep a count.
  • skibrainskibrain Posts: 849 Crazy Baller
    No course access this summer.
    60 days free skiing May to Oct. Right around 9,000 turns.
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,504 Administrator
    edited November 13
    9,000 turns in 60 days!

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

• GloersenGloersen Posts: 647 Crazy Baller
    302 sets/6360 complete buoys; a year of regression and inefficient skiing. :(
    stå løpet ut
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 4,838 Mega Baller
    Less than 15 rides including riding jumpers. A low for me since I started skiing again about 12 years ago. If I can figure out my back issues next year will be better.
    Mark Shaffer
  • Dacon62Dacon62 Posts: 422 Solid Baller
    56 sets. Wish I lived somewhere warmer.
  • BainessterBainesster Posts: 10 Baller
    274 and counting
  • scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 3,652
    edited November 13
    Amazing coincidence @Horton, today I also took my 251st set of the year which is by far the most sets I have skied in one year. This is the first year I have been a owner at Still Water Lake Estates, I use to ski more in the 150-175 set range a year when I was skiing on public water.
    - President of the Utah Water Ski Club
    - Crypto Investing pays for my water ski addiction
  • smalorsmalor Posts: 61 Baller
    Not enough!
    dchristmandriftpointSkoot1123
  • Orlando76Orlando76 Posts: 534 Crazy Baller
    Worst year since I began skiing. Probably 40 sets. Biggest reason for decline is no opportunity to take my 2 year old son with me.
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,878 Moderator
    edited November 13
    103 Mostly between June and the end of August.
  • oldmanskieroldmanskier Posts: 110 Baller
    138 sets since April.
    Oldmanskier
  • AndreAndre Posts: 683 Crazy Baller
    140 sets from mid may to late october with absolutely no improvement whatsoever. Skiing with an extra 20 lbs didn t help at all.
    Gonna blame homebrewing for this one...
  • dhofertdhofert Posts: 145 Baller
    142 rides. All free skiing 3-4 min each. April 1st through October 21st.
  • JAGJAG Posts: 169 Crazy Baller
    edited November 13
    More than ever.

At least four sets on the weekends and once, twice a week, free skiing about 12 miles around the lake after work.

The best of those mid week sets was meeting up with my buddy, waiting, watching for the traffic to die after dinner and having glass to ourselves.

We always followed it up with a light dinner, some drinks and a toast to appreciating how lucky we are.

dchristmanRichardDoane
  • LZywicki1LZywicki1 Posts: 336 Solid Baller
    178 sets and possibly 1 more if I go to the polar bear ski.

• wawaskrwawaskr Posts: 106 Baller
    225 Sets. This year it was April 22 - Oct 31.
    Matt
  • dchristmandchristman Posts: 833 Mega Baller
    @smalor regardless of how many you get in, it's NEVER enough.
    @JAG I'll drink to that!
    Patience is the key to Joy.
  • RazorRoss3RazorRoss3 Posts: 1,163 Mega Baller
    I'm still skiing, took two sets yesterday morning and was into 35 on them both. The joy of a dry suit and a state that doesn't freeze over
    MISkier
  • HighAltitudeHighAltitude Posts: 29 Baller
    64 sets in the course. Maybe a few more before we set the course in April. Best year I have ever had and completely in love with the sport. Can't wait to start next year!
    JAG
  • dvskierdvskier Posts: 121 Baller
    92 sets.
  • DWDW Posts: 1,541 Crazy Baller
    Never enough.
  • brodybrody Posts: 283 Baller
    15 sets, record low, back shut me down. Focused on coaching friends and their kids. I taught 6 Kids to ski this summer and 1 to drop a ski and shortly after to get up on 1.
    scorban2
  • Fam-manFam-man Posts: 120 Baller
    Not enough.
    Was slow getting the course in due to wind, availability of partners and family schedule.
    Never really got going due to water level issues, dry summer meant extra irrigation and drastically low lake levels, moved course twice and pulled it early.

See what next year brings.
  • MitzysmanMitzysman Posts: 174 Baller
    I estimate about 55-60 free ski sessions. Best year ever !
  • fizerfizer Posts: 23 Baller
    I think I took about 250 rides this year. I think 36 of those were tournament rides. Probably about 25% slalom, 30% jump, 45% trick.....yet I still suck at trick the most.
  • ricorico Posts: 29 Baller
    I ran my 154th set (including tournaments) on Saturday. It was pretty special since it was at the BOS headquarters and Rob Muhlitner was driving while Richelle was coaching, while Horton was watching the kids...
    Eric Francois - Studio City, CA - 2018 Vapor Pro Build - Reflex Super /R Style
  • ski6jonesski6jones Posts: 645 Crazy Baller
    As much as I could, still not enough. 150ish.
    Carl Addington, Lakes of Katy, Texas