Train With Terry Winter video lesson example

HortonHorton Posts: 23,526 Administrator
edited November 13 in Videos & Photos

Learn more about training with Terry http://www.trainwithterrywinter.com/

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

santangeloALPJrToddAski6jonesBruce_ButterfieldandjulesMurrskiLieutenant Danswc5150Obrienslalomskiboynyjayskisunvalleylawvtmechengmjnelson

Comments

• 6balls6balls Posts: 4,466 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    That's some good stuff.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • cragginshredcragginshred Posts: 639 Crazy Baller
    Single biggest deal is holding the 'cut' as Terry says too long. I see it from the boat all the time. I do it as well as others at my lake. Easy to see hard to change
    Vapor pro 2017
    JAG
  • DaveDDaveD Posts: 533 Crazy Baller
    Holy crap, if Terry could find 20 minutes of issues with her skiing he'd have to spend a whole day on mine. That or just tell me to take up knitting.

Great analysis Terry. You really showed how important handle control is with the side by side video.
    ozskiToddA
  • JayproJaypro Posts: 95 Baller
    That was great to watch! Sitting here 4 days after ACL surgery and icing my knee this is pretty motivating. Pt starts friday! Skiing by June!
    ToddAscorban2
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,526 Administrator
    If you can not get to see a pro coach in person this has to be the next best thing.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

swc5150sunvalleylaw
  • PatmasterPatmaster Posts: 138 Baller
    Absolutely brilliant. Amazing how Terry seems to change edge even before he hits the wakes. Even at 28off. Something to think about! As soon as I make a video that does not want me to quit waterskiing I'm sending it. Makes me want to consider the KD Platinum as well. Terry what is the preferred format for the video?
    ozski
  • twhispertwhisper Posts: 45 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    I-Phone/I-Pad works great. MP4. As long as it's clear enough that I can see the details in the body position. I have a video uploader on the site, or dropbox or anything like that works. Even texting right from your I-Phone works well.
    PatmasterWaterSkier12BulldogJordan
  • sunvalleylawsunvalleylaw Posts: 1,053 Crazy Baller
    I have been enjoying my membership very much.
  • BeekerBeeker Posts: 11 Baller
    WOW, great video. love the side by side and great attention to detail, as well as easy to see and understand explanations. @twhisper thanks, keep rippin and the good work.
    WaterSkier12
  • FraserFraser Posts: 8 Baller
    I have really enjoyed my video sessions with Terry. Well worth the value plus the membership to his site for Q&A and the strategic video lessons he posts helps a ton.
  • mrpreussmrpreuss Posts: 129 Baller

Hey Terry,

Do you see this area (the transition/preturn) as one of the weakest spots in a large portion of amateur skiers?

Chris
  • Stathis VentourisStathis Ventouris Posts: 75 Baller
    Awesome video and coaching advise on how to achieve handle control
  • vtmechengvtmecheng Posts: 79 Baller
    This is a great way to learn. The side-by-side view makes seeing the description really easy to understand.
  • twhispertwhisper Posts: 45 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @mrpreuss Yes, the edge change essentially or that process of letting the ski swing through from the cutting edge to the gliding without giving up all of the outbound direction. The body position through this process is critical.
  • ShererSkierShererSkier Posts: 65 Baller
    That’s my biggest problem right now. Timing wise I edge change pretty good but ride a little flat and loose my outbound direction. I have to get to the other edge quicker but I have a hard time with it for some reason.