Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Train With Terry Winter video lesson example

HortonHorton Posts: 25,173 Administrator
edited November 2017 in Videos & Photos

Learn more about training with Terry http://www.trainwithterrywinter.com/

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

santangeloALPJrToddAski6jonesBruce_ButterfieldandjulesMurrskiLieutenant Danswc5150ObrienslalomskiboynyjayskisunvalleylawvtmechengmjnelsonMDB1056skihartDacon62GaryWilkinsonschaferMike

Comments

• 6balls6balls Posts: 4,829 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    That's some good stuff.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • cragginshredcragginshred Posts: 685 Crazy Baller
    Single biggest deal is holding the 'cut' as Terry says too long. I see it from the boat all the time. I do it as well as others at my lake. Easy to see hard to change
    Vapor pro 2017
    JAGGaryWilkinson
  • DaveDDaveD Posts: 664 Crazy Baller
    Holy crap, if Terry could find 20 minutes of issues with her skiing he'd have to spend a whole day on mine. That or just tell me to take up knitting.

Great analysis Terry. You really showed how important handle control is with the side by side video.
    ozskiToddAMuskokaKyj2nh
  • JayproJaypro Posts: 174 Baller
    That was great to watch! Sitting here 4 days after ACL surgery and icing my knee this is pretty motivating. Pt starts friday! Skiing by June!
    ToddAscorban2MuskokaKyZman
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,173 Administrator
    If you can not get to see a pro coach in person this has to be the next best thing.

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

swc5150sunvalleylaw
  • PatmasterPatmaster Posts: 148 Baller
    Absolutely brilliant. Amazing how Terry seems to change edge even before he hits the wakes. Even at 28off. Something to think about! As soon as I make a video that does not want me to quit waterskiing I'm sending it. Makes me want to consider the KD Platinum as well. Terry what is the preferred format for the video?
    ozski
  • sunvalleylawsunvalleylaw Posts: 1,227 Mega Baller
    I have been enjoying my membership very much.
  • BeekerBeeker Posts: 32 Baller
    WOW, great video. love the side by side and great attention to detail, as well as easy to see and understand explanations. @twhisper thanks, keep rippin and the good work.
    WaterSkier12
  • FraserFraser Posts: 25 Baller
    I have really enjoyed my video sessions with Terry. Well worth the value plus the membership to his site for Q&A and the strategic video lessons he posts helps a ton.
    C5Quest
  • mrpreussmrpreuss Posts: 130 Baller

Hey Terry,

Do you see this area (the transition/preturn) as one of the weakest spots in a large portion of amateur skiers?

Chris
  • Stathis VentourisStathis Ventouris Posts: 77 Baller
    Awesome video and coaching advise on how to achieve handle control
  • vtmechengvtmecheng Posts: 308 Solid Baller
    This is a great way to learn. The side-by-side view makes seeing the description really easy to understand.
  • twhispertwhisper Posts: 76 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @mrpreuss Yes, the edge change essentially or that process of letting the ski swing through from the cutting edge to the gliding without giving up all of the outbound direction. The body position through this process is critical.
    ToddAswc5150
  • ShererSkierShererSkier Posts: 115 Baller
    That’s my biggest problem right now. Timing wise I edge change pretty good but ride a little flat and loose my outbound direction. I have to get to the other edge quicker but I have a hard time with it for some reason.
    ToddA
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,173 Administrator
    Hey @twhsiper if a Baller wants a video lesson like the sample with Allison what is the cost?

MuskokaKy
  • MDB1056MDB1056 Posts: 101 Baller
    Fabulous training video. One of the best I've ever seen . Terry is excellent.
    ToddA
    @Horton $75, but if they sign up to be a member of my site it's $60
    ToddAaupatkingMuskokaKy
    definitely going to do this when my ACL heals up and get back on water next spring/summer
  • skihartskihart Posts: 422 Baller
    edited November 2017
    That's truly awesome! May be the best teaching/info I have ever seen on BOS.

@Horton I think that even if you go ski personally with a top notch coach this style of technique dissection would be as valuable as one on one. Its one thing to be sitting at the end of the lake and have a coach tell you what you are doing and how to fix it but seeing yourself from an outside perspective and having an expert show you exactly what the issues are, and what you need to correct them is next level.
    Until I saw that video and @twhisper s interpretation, I didn't realize the potential there.
    jipster43
  • JordanJordan Posts: 1,000 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I particularly like Terry's description of how the shoulders do the opposite of what the hips do. ie...Hips down, shoulders up and more level; shoulders down/hips up and how this affects the roll angle of the ski.

Really great stuff!
  • mrpreussmrpreuss Posts: 130 Baller
    @twhisper
    I agree, just about EVERYTHING important happens here, get this right and the rest comes natural...
    Ride the line...
    I LOVE the way you have recently started this motion SOOOOOOOOOOO early and to the hips.
    Looks like you start it before the wakes. Really enjoy watching you go
  • chris55chris55 Posts: 270 Solid Baller
    @twhisper it looks really great from here. Can we do it from Europe and then would it be possible to pay you by credit card or paypal ? The comparaison side by side + all the comment makes it really good for progress.
    @chris55 absolutely.
    ski6jonesALPJr
  • Dacon62Dacon62 Posts: 492 Crazy Baller
    edited November 2017
    So good! Very well done.
    Also good wake comparison between what I assume is the MC 197 and the new Prostar!?
    Yes, I think that's Horton's ProStar compared to like an '11/'12 197. We ski in the deeper lake here in Idaho and the wake is definitely noticeably better with the newer boats.
    MickeyThompson
    I just watched this for, I don't know, the 100th time. I am 10 weeks out from ACL reconstruction and looks like I will be on water at the end of May. I get something out of this video every time I watch it and it keeps my motivation high during my rehab! Thanks Terry! I wish you were East Coast!!
    WaterSkier12