Buoys, BBQ and Beer

HortonHorton Posts: 23,681 Administrator
edited November 17 in Breaking News

Buoys, BBQ, and Beer is back...and this time you’re invited! It’s going down Sunday, December 10th at 1:00 PM and the rules are simple. Every skier gets 6 passes to impress our panel of judges. A champion is crowned in each of four fun categories: smoothest pass, hardest crash, scrappiest completed pass, and best performance! So grab your swerve stick and come on down to the most fun ski event you’ve never skied in. We are asking for a minimum $25 donation for entry to help support a good friend and great ambassador to the sport, Mark Boender. Mark has developed a Pancreatic disease and is in need of our help and support. All entries and money donated will go to Mark and the fight to cure his disease, so feel free to donate as much as you like. Your donation will get you a ski ride, sweet t-shirt, delicious BBQ, and cold beer provided by our friends at Big Storm Brewing. Email travis@theboardingschool.com to sign up. Stoked to see you there!

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

BG1jayskiChef23MISkierjcampBulldogrodecon

Comments

• TELTEL Posts: 117 Baller
    I may be good for hardest crash or scrappiest pass
  • WishWish Posts: 6,769 Mega Baller
    Uuuuuuu...that sounds fun. And a good causes to boot! Was out of town last year. Will try to make it this year.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • BeekerBeeker Posts: 21 Baller
    This sounds like a blast, and for a great cause. Even better this is only an hour drive..ski it like you stole it!!
  • C5QuestC5Quest Posts: 36 Baller
    Least impressive pass right here. Sounds like a blast
  • theboardingschooltheboardingschool Posts: 58 Water Ski Industry Professional
    Thanks so much @Chef23 You can send a donation to:

The Boarding School
    19454 East Colonial Drive
    Orlando, FL 32820

It's a great time, and your $25 gets you a ski ride, t-shirt, amazing BBQ, and cold beer. It's the best deal in town!

If anyone is interested you can email me travis@theboardingschool.com or text 407 484 5525.

Thanks in advance!
    WishKelvinWaterSkier12Bill22
  • ZmanZman Posts: 964 Crazy Baller
    Travis - so, BBQ and beers start at Noon?
    Blood type IPA
  • Orlando76Orlando76 Posts: 549 Crazy Baller
    Wow, and I always said I’d never ski in a tournament. Winner for scrappiest pass right here! I’ll be there.
    MISkierMattP
    @Zman it starts at 1, should run till about 6 including dinner. But, if you want to hang out and drink beer for a while after, I'm sure that's an option.

@Orlando76 good thing this isn't a tournament. It's a contest of sorts, like one you would do with your dumb friends. Not saying your friends are dumb, but all of mine are, so just making an assumption.
    WaterSkier12WishRichardDoane
  • WaterSkier12WaterSkier12 Posts: 112 Baller
    Will send some $$ too Travis
    theboardingschool
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 1,648 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Any truth to the rumor that the 50th Anniversary Prostar will make its debut here?
    Scott Calderwood
    @swc5150 I have no idea what you’re talking about. Is that a thing?
    FWinterBroussard
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,681 Administrator
    @swc5150
    All 2018 ProStars are 50th Anniversary Edition. I would give you a Panda but I don't have the energy.

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

FWinter
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 1,648 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited November 17
    @Horton Lol, you won't give me a panda because there's a good chance I'm right. TBS has a "special" X Star there right now that they won't show...safe assumption it's a 50th anniversary edition?? Obviously all 18's have that little 50th badge, but if a special edition isn't on the way, it's a travesty. '88 Platinum PS, '98 flag graphics, '08 Anniversary PS, and 2018?? Come on man!
    Scott Calderwood
    theboardingschoolFWinterBroussardMuskokaKy
  • BroussardBroussard Posts: 284 Baller
    edited November 18
    @Horton Not exactly. Just as all 1993 boats had a "25th Anniversary" center cap on the steering wheel and often "25th Anniversary" stickers on the windshield all 2018 MasterCrafts (Prostars, NXTs, XTs, and X series) have a 50th Anniversary badge on the transom this does not make them 50th Anniversary Editions. Anniversary edditions were released in 1993 for the 25th, 1998 for the 30th, 2003 for the 35th, 2008 for the 40th. Often these boats were limited in production according to the anniversary - 25 made for the 25th, 35 made for the 35th etc.
    Andre Broussard - Louisiana
    FWinter
    Ok whatever - enough off topic talk about the 50th anniversary MC.

Back to the topic at hand. Buoys, BBQ and Beer

• rodeconrodecon Posts: 159 Baller
    Buoys, BBQ and beer, three of my favorite things in life all at the same place at the same time!!!
    WaterSkier12FWintertheboardingschoolmmski
  • GWaterskiGWaterski Posts: 24 Baller
    I second what @MISkier says! Mark is an Icon in MI !
    I want to help out at the event! Sending you an email Travis.
    MISkier
  • mmosley899mmosley899 Posts: 408 Water Ski Industry Professional
    Sounds like fun!
    Mike's Overall Binding www.mobsystemrelease.com
    Sweet Home Alabama Skiing
    Senior Judge, Senior Driver, Tech Controller
  • RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 344 Solid Baller
    Mark is a great guy, he always offers assistance and encouragement at every tournament and @Shell and I are really sorry to hear about his condition. We can't make the event but would love to contribute to help his cause. Is there a way to donate from remotely??
    @RAWSki if you would like to mail a check you can make it payable to Mark Boender and send it to:

The Boarding School
    C/O Mark Boender
    19454 East Colonial Drive
    Orlando, Fl 32820

If you want to use a card, I can send an invoice from Square, and you can put in any amount you like. I just need an email.

Thanks so much!
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 4,856 Mega Baller
    @theboardingschool I sent you a message with my email address. Let me know if you don't get it. Thanks.
    Mark Shaffer
    Bill22
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,158 Crazy Baller
    edited November 22
    Same thing Chef23 said. Can't make it but want to help. If everyone can pitch in a little it can add up to a lot.

Edit: Oh, and I will take a rain check on the Buoys, BBQ & Beer for next time I am near O-town.
    First off, I want to say thanks to all of those who have reached out to come ski, or just to donate to help out Mark. It's really cool to see. We are looking forward to have all of you out to our little slice of heaven.

We are getting close to our limit on skiers for B, B, & B. So let me know if any of you would like to ski. We could definitely accommodate more for eating delicious BBQ, and drinking cold beer though. Anyone that would like to come, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Travis

ColeGiacopuzzi
    I so wish I could be there

• MidvkskiMidvkski Posts: 6 Baller
    Does this sound like a great time or what! I wish I could participate, but skiing has been put on hold until Spring for West Shore Waterski Club up here in West Michigan. Mark is a great ambassador of the sport, a good friend and an awesome guy to boot, we are sending our donation down. Thanks for putting this on @theboardingschool !
    WaterSkier12MISkier
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 1,879 Mega Baller
    @theboardingschool, I mailed my donation today. I can't be there in person, but Mark's good friend @Rook is scheduled to make the trip and ski. If you want to consider some of my donation for a couple extra passes to help him shake off the rust from the end of our season, that would be cool. I would say to use that money to cover his beer consumption, but I didn't send that much.

Thanks for hosting such a great event.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
    DaveDtheboardingschoolRichardDoane
  • LZywicki1LZywicki1 Posts: 339 Solid Baller
    @MISkier Are we doing anything around here.