Jason Paredes - amazing technique

gavskigavski Posts: 119 Baller
Stumbled across this:

https://goo.gl/ATjY7B

Beautiful technique....
rockdogBruce_ButterfieldMarcoMuskokaKydvskiing

Comments

• BoneHeadBoneHead Posts: 5,807
    Jason was a very under-rated elite skier, IMO. Very calm. Very symmetrical.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

thagerMarcoWaterSkier12
  • MDB1056MDB1056 Posts: 38 Baller
    Wow.... very smooth
  • NandoNando Posts: 350 Solid Baller
    A guy I ski with had the chance to ski with Jason last year and told me how impressed with his technique he was. He also told me to check out some video of him, which I forgot to do, so thanks @gavski for posting- I see it now, for sure.
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,496 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Used to ski for KD if I remember before KD went to Australia and Denny began D3. Last sponsored ski may have been the Platinum.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • dave2balldave2ball Posts: 349 Baller
    I ski with Jason for many years when we were in boys. And M1. Great person friend and skier
    Dave Macchi / Nautique promo team member
    Wish
  • MarcoMarco Posts: 1,362 Crazy Baller
    I skied with Jason quite a bit before he moved to France, we became good friends over the years. He still calls a few times a year. He holds our lake record with 2 @ 41, with me driving no less. He was actually easier to drive than most of my ski buddies.
    ozskiWishdvskiingRichardDoane
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 1,879 Mega Baller
    Excellent handle control. Technique reminds me of Wim DeCree a little.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
  • WishWish Posts: 6,769 Mega Baller
    edited November 20
    He was GUT before GUT was cool. He moves forward on the ski before even getting to the first wake when most of us rock back to avoid that OTF feel....very Wim DeCree. Often wonder how well or how far some of these guys would have taken short line with todays tugs skis and technology. Here he is at the bumpy Moomba. Love how the overhead cam shows how he is wide "enough"
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    MarcoGloersensantangelo
  • BeekerBeeker Posts: 21 Baller
    Just smooth ..WOW..nothing more than WOW!
  • jcampjcamp Posts: 612 Crazy Baller
    Second skier in that video was Thomas Degapseri. Holy cow has he refined his style since then, especially on his onside.
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 1,879 Mega Baller
    @jcamp, I believe that is Tgas running 41 off, which is rare. So, I expect it is not the same style you might see at a longer line length - or a length he regularly runs.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
    Wish
  • gavskigavski Posts: 119 Baller
    Is he still skiing? If so where? I got a chance to watch him ski from the boat back in the late '90's @ Princes Club. I remember him joking that all you need to get back on course was one good hard lean - that was after he smoked a 38' off....not sure that would be entirely possible now with ZO...
  • MarcoMarco Posts: 1,362 Crazy Baller
    He has been living in France with his wife Estelle and his 3 children. They own a restaurant, and he gets to the lake only one or two times a year. Hasn't skied much over the past 5-10 years.
  • HockdogHockdog Posts: 113 Baller
    Not enough O's in Smooth......
    Nando
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,326 Crazy Baller
    Jason has some nice style for sure. That Moomba finals video is great. Andy's turn/slide at 1 to set the course record was awesome.