45 degree water? No problem!

jercranejercrane Posts: 33 Baller
edited November 26 in Other Stuff
Got on the water yesterday in NH. Latest I have ever been out. Even turned a few balls. I skied like garbage but it was a blast to check the late November box.

Water temp - 45 degrees
Air temp - 46 degrees
Shorty + full suit (didn’t have a dry suit) + ski hat

I’ll blame the 7+ mm of neoprene for the bad skiing or maybe it was the completely numb hands by the time I got to the second ball.

bishop8950jcampJody_Sealskihackerchris55MitzysmanAndreshansen345John Brooksh2o.nhkMuskokaKy

Comments

• dabeej20dabeej20 Posts: 10 Baller
    wow, we tried 43 degree water the other day and couldn't do it. What did you do about your feet?

very impressive
  • BeekerBeeker Posts: 21 Baller
    I love this, die hard or not it is always FUN to get out on the water, no matter how I ski..I give you and A+.
  • jercranejercrane Posts: 33 Baller
    @dabeej20 my front foot in the boot was actually fine. Had to put on the rear toe plate so I could dock start. So my back foot was pretty numb by the end. We also had a 5 gallon bucket on the dock with 110 degree water in it. Dunked the feet and hands in that after the run.
  • gsm_petergsm_peter Posts: 636 Solid Baller
    We ski in 33-36F every spring and sometimes late season as well.

I use 2- 3mm neo socks.
    Also use 2 pairs of nurse gloves under the ski gloves.
    Thick wet suite or dry suite.
    Neo binie.

Works sufficiently well.

Have fun!
    Life is too short not to enjoy every day!
    jercrane
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,496 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    45 degrees no problem, my friend. Here in MN it's sub 32 right now...otherwise known as ice!

Good on ya getting out there, though, and enjoying it. I have video of @Razorskier1 and I barefooting during a snowfall in MN...not sure water temp that day but let's just say it was really cold...good stuff.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    jercranebananaron