Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hobe Lake Ski Club

HortonHorton Posts: 25,491 Administrator

Hobe Lake Ski Club is a new private club dedicated to slalom water skiing, located in the heart of South Florida's Treasure Coast.  On their own schedule, members enjoy the finest water ski environment available... a pristine natural setting with optimum conditions and the Ski Nautique 200 6.2L. Located at 5878 SE Bridge Road in beautiful Hobe Sound, Fla., more information can be found online at www.hobeski.com.

Hobe

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

MISkierBG1santangeloSki_Dadsunvalleylaw

Comments

• Ski_DadSki_Dad Posts: 266 Baller
    that is really cool - that is 40 minutes from my parents house in Florida - I gotta check that out next time I'm down there.
    santangelo
  • blakeyatesblakeyates Posts: 74 Baller
    We have friends in Tequesta (Jupiter) and I believe it’s only about 12 minutes away. I hope to try this out if visitor sets are an option; paying of course.
    Blake Yates
    Nautique Promo Rep, GA
  • santangelosantangelo Posts: 166 Solid Baller
    @blakeyates , they have a 'guest' account which allows 4 sets per year. This is for skiers that drop in town and just want to ski a few times and won't be permanent members. Otherwise, you can join as a 'limited' member for $100 per year.

All coordination is done online for joining, signing release waivers, scheduling ski sets, and payment for ski sets and annual dues.

Here are the membership types.
    Bill22
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 1,719 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    $100 membership + $80 dollars or so for AWSA, (I am UK based) to ski at a site like that, not such a bad deal, some sets with Wim and then practice what he preached for $45.
    Fair Deal for the Enthusiast, a couple of degrees warmer than Orlando, nice in the cooler months

" Change Edge Early or Go Home”

santangeloMISkiermmosley899
  • blakeyatesblakeyates Posts: 74 Baller
    @santangelo, thank you for that information. That is a “fair enough” deal.
    Blake Yates
    Nautique Promo Rep, GA
  • colo_skiercolo_skier Posts: 766 Solid Baller
    Spent a few days there with Wim. The lake is fantastic. It is large enough that there are no sight line issues. The set up's are really long. Ed and Wim are putting together a skiing experience that for me simply puts "works" Here is a view from the end of the lake giving a perspective of the lake to course dimensions.

I have a video of a pass to give an idea but it seems it is to large to post. I may have to ask @Horton how if possible I can post it.

Not sure I know what I am doing. The boat goes I follow. Trying to perfect the deep water start. Squirrel!
    Ed_JohnsonMISkiersantangelo
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,491 Administrator
    @colo_skier you have to publish it to YouTube and then paste the share link here

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

• colo_skiercolo_skier Posts: 766 Solid Baller
    Thanks John, @Horton Now to become a less media challenged electrical engineer.
    Not sure I know what I am doing. The boat goes I follow. Trying to perfect the deep water start. Squirrel!