BallOfSpray Reader Survey Summary Report

HortonHorton Posts: 23,681 Administrator
edited December 7 in Site Info & Instructions

Comments

• Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,158 Crazy Baller
    When do I get my gloves and vest?
  • BulldogBulldog Posts: 949 Solid Baller
    @Horton thank you for sharing that data. It is very interesting.
    Mike Loeffler - "Someone somewhere is having a real problem today...My bad skiing is NOT one of them"
  • supergadgetsupergadget Posts: 51 Baller
    I agree . That was very interesting data. Especially how there was a big wave of boats that were bought a few years ago, 5 years or even 10 years ago.
    It just looks like a huge wave of new boat purchases are coming up.

• gregygregy Posts: 2,379 Mega Baller
    No Ballers in Wyoming?
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,745 Mega Baller
    Very cool info @horton. I would have thought more folks on here lived on the lake than do. Also of interest is that there is a contingent of folks skiing that are younger than 35. While not a high percentage of ballers it does perhaps indicate a trend of more skiers?! Certainly those 18 and younger are more at the mercy of the activities of their parents. Of the 1000 surveyed, ~37% make 500k or more. Good job. Keep it up to keep everyone else employed! (ie: through spending or employing others). Thanks for putting this together John.
  • MuskokaKyMuskokaKy Posts: 147 Baller
    @Horton meant to mention this on the other survey thread, but i think it would have been useful and interesting to ask " How did you find out about / join BOS.com? " ( or some version of that).

I personally found this site by randomly googling forums for waterskiers...some word of mouth..maybe tourneys for other..would be interesting is all im saying. Maybe good for you as well to know where your ballers are finding you.
  • MuskokaKyMuskokaKy Posts: 147 Baller
    Also a little surprised 1 in 5 are outside the states...didn't think it would be that high
  • DUSkierDUSkier Posts: 134 Baller
    We ll I've just found out that I'm VERY average around here =)
    Nigel Sparrow
    aupatking
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,496 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @Skoot1123 that was 3.7%. When I first read you post and hadn't read the results I was like holy crap...37%??? I do note that approx 69% make more than $100k and just over 19% make $250K or more.

@horton what did you most hope to learn and how do you use such info? Helpful for advertisers to understand the BOS demographic, I suppose?
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 1,925 Crazy Baller
    edited December 9
    I'm pretty average, except I'm older and poorer than average. No surprise though.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
    aupatking
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,496 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    # of people willing to take a survey on a 1/1000 chance of winning a vest and gloves = 1000.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,745 Mega Baller
    @6balls - yes you are correct. I added a percent sign in there by accident.
  • scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 3,665
    2% from Utah, nice to see 20 people from Utah took the survey!
    - President of the Utah Water Ski Club
    - USI Tech pays for my water ski addiction
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 784 Crazy Baller
    Probably the most telling to me are the age and income. Almost 70% of us make over 100k while only about 20% of US households make that much. That, and we’re going the way of Oldsmobile, Waterski keeps marketing to the same age demographic, and it dies with its demographic.
    I hope to see marketing directly focused on the college crowd. An intense focus on college team support, I think, is where we need to go.
    But, it’s not my industry, nor my job. It’s just my opinion, and we know about those things.
    MattP
  • sixballsixball Posts: 184 Baller
    So I am very average other then being old. Not that surprised at the boat buying. I would say our tugs took a big jump late 90's. So if every last buoy is not the upmost goal our older tugs are still good.
    dvskier