The Perfect Edge Change

HortonHorton Posts: 23,823 Administrator

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

MattPBruce_ButterfieldJordanBulldog

Comments

• Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 1,499 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited December 2017
    When you mention "Edge Change" there is only one name that comes into my head.

"Wim Decree"

"If Only I Knew Then, What I Know Now ”

• tctc Posts: 91 Baller
    How is that short fin working for ya?

• BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 1,877 Crazy Baller
    Darned Turtles.
    DaveD
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,394
    I reckon he watched @adamhcaldwell then went out and got it wrong.
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski: KD Platinum

• HortonHorton Posts: 23,823 Administrator
    I watched that video a number of times in slow motion. Still not sure what happened. Glove slipped?

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

aupatking
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 1,877 Crazy Baller
    @Stevie Boy so I googled wim decree to watch videos and it came up as Hobe Lake ski club. Which holy crap they need to fix their website.
  • WishWish Posts: 6,808 Mega Baller
    edited December 2017
    Had a skier out that had just recieved a used ski that he was testing for the first time. Turns out the fin musta had a crack along the bottom of the fin block or something. His fall looked exactly like that and better then 1/2 the fin was gone when he got back in the boat.

If you look close just before ball 2 (@20 seconds) there is a wable or fish tail with the tail of the ski that shouldn't have been there as he was skiing very smooth and controlled. My guess is something was going very wrong before 2 ball with his fin. Bet he had catastrophic a fin failure. Or maybe not. Heck of a fall though.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    @Wish look again. Not a ski, fin, or binding failure.

• aupatkingaupatking Posts: 808 Crazy Baller
    I don’t want to watch again(but I will). That hurts to watch
    @aupatking no crash in your video :- |

• Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 1,499 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★

"If Only I Knew Then, What I Know Now ”

aupatking
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 1,897 Mega Baller
    @Stevie Boy, that is one of my favorite ski videos. I use it all the time to help visualize what I want to do. It’s very relatable, as Wim is LFF and just about the same height. The similarities end there.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
    aupatkingandjules
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 4,891 Mega Baller
    I have to admit I am with @Horton on this after his video I was looking more crash videos.
    Mark Shaffer
    OK @Chef23, here you go.

DaveD
    @bishop8950 No one cares about the skier

bishop8950
  • B_SB_S Posts: 167 Solid Baller
    That was painful to watch; who videos in portrait?! :D
    aupatkingHorton
  • skibugskibug Posts: 1,890 Crazy Baller
    edited December 2017
    I think the major issue for @bishop8950 was the funny orange colored rope got in his way.
    Bob Grizzi
  • bishop8950bishop8950 Posts: 889 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @skibug no orange rope in my video (at the top of the thread). But if I did ski 22 I might have similar problems!
    I had the orange rope in my video.
  • skibugskibug Posts: 1,890 Crazy Baller
    @bishop8950 my bad...wrong video reference. @MISkier orange rope length coupled with 22 bump, these things tend to happen :s
    Bob Grizzi
    So following that crash my back is still messed up and I expect to be on the DL for a few more weeks. Lesson Learned - Never underestimate the change of any key variable. What happened was I had to borrow a handle, which I gave no significant thought to doing. I planned on running my opener 6 times so what difference could it make? That handle slipped right out of my hand behind the boat and thats what happened. It was not my fitness, grip, soap or anything like that. It was the difference in the handle. I am a very conscious skier and note changes in drivers, boats, certainly ski gear and this one surprised me. The skier that owns the handle uses clinchers which helps me understand how the heck he hangs onto it.
    MISkier
  • WishWish Posts: 6,808 Mega Baller
    @bishop8950 I use clinchers. Curious as to it being a thinner or thicker diameter handle.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    I never looked carefully, but think it was about 13x1.0 and it was a radius tractor grip. But the issue to me seemed to be the rubber which was hard and slippery.