What's your New Years resolution?

WishWish Posts: 7,068 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
edited January 1 in Other Stuff
What's your New Years resolution; skiing or otherwise?.

Me; drop 10-15lbs and enter more tournaments this year.
>>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<

Comments

• Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 5,748 Mega Baller
    Learn the pole vault, apparently...
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    Wish
  • AndreAndre Posts: 780 Crazy Baller
    edited January 1
    Lose 15 lbs before May first!

• 6balls6balls Posts: 4,719 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Keep perspective.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • liquid dliquid d Posts: 877 Crazy Baller
    To go to the UCF parade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!wooohooooo!!!!!!!!!! GO KNIGHTS!
    Wish
  • skibugskibug Posts: 1,927
    None...Don't believe in them. You should have resolve all year, all your life, and not wait on a silly date to start something you feel you need to do.
    Bob Grizzi
    6ballskeithh2oskierZman
  • Dacon62Dacon62 Posts: 467 Crazy Baller
    Get back to the gym, drop 10 lbs and stay healthy so I can enjoy the whole ski season no matter if I improve a lot or a little.
    Horton
  • Mateo VargasMateo Vargas Posts: 757 Crazy Baller
    Vape more.
    Success is failure that just hasn't happened yet
    ski6joneskeithh2oskierOnside135
  • skiinxsskiinxs Posts: 395 Crazy Baller
    I made a New Years Resolution many years ago to never make another New Years Resolution. So far I have succeded! I do have a GOAL to make it through the entire year with no crashes that cause any more surgeries:)
    MuskokaKy
  • gt2003gt2003 Posts: 672 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Maintain the 15-20 pounds I lost in October/November throughout the upcoming ski season.
    2014 HO TX
    1996 Malibu Echelon
  • JAGJAG Posts: 178 Crazy Baller
    I lost 30+ pounds last year so the resolution is to drop another 10 pounds, get my running up to 2-3 miles, continue with Pilates and make this year the year I finally get into 32 off. Maybe a new ski too. :)
  • jcampjcamp Posts: 659 Crazy Baller
    @Dobrodan where do you live and ski? Mentioning it on here might help you find some ski partners. Good luck.
    Than_BoganHorton
  • dislanddisland Posts: 1,129 Crazy Baller
    @skibug Come on man, "lighten up francis"
    Dave Island- Princeton Lakes
    Horton
  • sunvalleylawsunvalleylaw Posts: 1,138 Crazy Baller
    edited January 3
    To move forward. Move forward with gravity on snow skis, over my slalom ski on the water rather than fight the boat, with my bike in balance on the pedals. Move with the forces of my business, family and world, much like a person moves with a wave while surfing or with gravity while snow skiing, rather than fight it. Find a position of balance and acceptance and move with it (all of it) rather than fight against it. Move forward.
  • skibugskibug Posts: 1,927
    @disland that is actually funny because my middle name is in fact Francis....and...."you just made the list" LOL!! :)
    Bob Grizzi
    WaterSkier12MISkier
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,069 Mega Baller
    I don’t have any resolutions so much as objectives for the year. First and foremost is to stay out of the hospital except for follow up with my doctors.

Second rehab my hip and back to the point that I can run the course at 34 mph again and play at least 10 rounds of golf. I have been spinning this winter and if it continues go well I may add ride a half century to my objectives for the year.

My health is the biggest thing. It was out of my control last year and hoping to be able to control it this year.
    Mark Shaffer
    jcamp
  • DobrodanDobrodan Posts: 10 Baller
    @jcamp, I live near Chapel Hill, NC, 27517, 5 minutes from Farrington ramp on Jordan Lake.
  • AndreAndre Posts: 780 Crazy Baller
    edited January 4
    @Dobrodan
    Isn't there a ski club that you can join on Jordan lake ?
  • LoopSkiLoopSki Posts: 247 Crazy Baller
    Mine was to ski New Years Day. It was a bit chilly for my standards but doable. Next set will likely be in March.

theboardingschool
  • DobrodanDobrodan Posts: 10 Baller
    @Andre, re. ski club, I contacted them but never got a response.
  • ShererSkierShererSkier Posts: 96 Baller
    I have two cousins (8 and 11yo), one wants to get up one two skis and the other wants to learn to slalom. Also a friend of mine wants to ski again as she has had health problems and hasn't skied in 10 years, and her daughter wants to learn slalom. Getting all of them to their goals is my resolution... And run 32 off this summer!
    HortonMuskokaKy