Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Radar Vector LTD

HortonHorton Posts: 25,308 Administrator

- IP1 Micro-Adjustable Boa Lacing System
- Wrap Tech Level 2
- Feather Frame Chassis
- Molded 3D Tongue
- Symmetrical Fit
- PVC Free Construction

Our latest LTD Vector takes our LTD collection to the next level. We've added a micro-adjustable BOA reel for the bottom closure and created the most comfortable open toe symmetrical boot in the universe by slimming materials and creating better connectivity. Check it out at radarskis.com

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

Comments

• dislanddisland Posts: 1,174 Crazy Baller
    Anyone ski with this binder? Looks kind of like a T-factor
    Dave Island- Princeton Lakes
  • escmanazeescmanaze Posts: 560 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    So...maybe @brooks can give me a real quick breakdown of why somebody would choose this binding over the Profile or vice versa?
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,545
    It makes for a great rear boot when setup correctly. I have been using one for a few seasons now, if you don't start hacking them up they last really well and they are super light weight.
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski: KD Platinum

• HortonHorton Posts: 25,308 Administrator
    @disland the t-factor is more of a traditional rubber. I believe the vector constructed from materials more like a vapor boot.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

• brooksbrooks Posts: 178 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Hey @escmanaze, the Profile and the Vector are actually quite different boots. The Profile is closed toe, asymmetrical, and foot size specific. The Profile will be a more custom fit and give you a better connection to the ski. The Vector is an amazing boot for an open toe symmetrical option. Most boots in this category are flimsy and less responsive, the Vector stands out with the ability to give an open toe boot a connection closer to a Vapor or Profile but it's never going to be quite as responsive. Shoot me an email if you have more questions, did you ever end up picking up that Lithium Senate?
    I did get it, and used my old Vectors from the Vice-C for the remainder of the season and it is a great ski. However, as I went to sell the Vice-C, the buyer wanted the Vectors with it. I immediately thought "cool, here is my excuse to upgrade to the Profiles" and I said yes and then sold the Vice-C with the old vectors on it.

Then afterward I started having second thoughts and now I'm wondering if the Profiles will be found to be too high end for my liking - not to mention that BOA is always nice and the cherry on top would be that these would match the colors of my ski perfectly.

So Marine Products says they will have both available at boat show time so I will try them both on and probably get one or the other. I would like to have a good idea about them both before that though, so I will indeed send you an email with some of my particulars.

Thanks
  • brooksbrooks Posts: 178 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @escmanaze if you liked the comfort and fit of your old Vector's than these will be a nice lateral move with more control. I will be at the MP booth at the Utah show so we can chat again then too!
    Cool, I will look forward to seeing you there.

Thanks
  • kingshreddkingshredd Posts: 166 Baller
    I use the current model Vector and like them, So look forward to trying this version with the Boa system!
  • Youd270Youd270 Posts: 29 Baller
    @escmanaze i have used the vectors, profiles and now have vapors with boa laces. I love the vapors and would recommend them to anyone. The profiles did feel a little more connected with the ski compared to the vectors but if i was going to choose between the two i would get the vectors for two resons. 1) the boa laces on the ltd editions (a shame the ltds dont come with the alum. plate option) and 2) the profiles take freaking forever to dry out because the liner isn't removable. Just my two cents
    @Youd270 Thanks for the input. You say the profiles feel more connected to the ski. What would you describe as the difference in how the vector vs. profile feels in relation to the foot?

Thanks
  • Youd270Youd270 Posts: 29 Baller
    @escmanaze the main difference is the ski feels more responsive with the profile and feel like they ‘hug’ your foot a little more.