How cold is cold?

dislanddisland Posts: 1,129 Crazy Baller
Next time your think its cold check this out. Great movie that will re-frame your idea about how cold the water can be to ski. Its available on netflix

https://vimeo.com/198866740
Dave Island- Princeton Lakes
WishOscawanaSkierakale15Skoot1123scotchipman

Comments

• OscawanaSkierOscawanaSkier Posts: 18 Baller
    That’s dedication! Beautiful footage too! Watched it with my wife tonight. She thought they were crazy (this from the person who bought me a dry suit for Christmas!). Pretty sure I know what that says about me.
    akale15
  • dbskidbski Posts: 201 Crazy Baller
    Reminds me of the movie "Unsalted". Movie is about Great Lakes surfers who surf year around on the lakes. Apparently, the best waves come in the dead of winter. There are great shots of surfers jumping of icebergs to catch waves in Lake Superior in January!
    Rick Bohn
  • akale15akale15 Posts: 137 Baller
    New Years Day Ski

I was the unfortunate one to take a swim...still had a great time. Temps where 15 degrees, felt like 5.
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 2,864 Mega Baller
    Looks like lake superior surfing

Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
    ALPJrMS
  • skihackerskihacker Posts: 198 Baller
    There is a group of guys near me that surf lake ontaio in the winter....no, just no.
  • BoozeBooze Posts: 286 Baller
    In Kentucky.
    Skiers sighted? BS?

Facebook
  • liquid dliquid d Posts: 877 Crazy Baller
    No sharks.
  • OscawanaSkierOscawanaSkier Posts: 18 Baller
    edited January 6
    Just saw this video of guys up in Nantucket earlier this week! Surfing the “Slurpee Waves”!

https://goo.gl/9Yo2A9

• robmollysilverlakerobmollysilverlake Posts: 8 Baller
    If it's going to be cold you have to embrace it, but you need a river to find open water this time of year! I don't know that I would want to try this though :smile:

Wonderfully nutty Minnesotans
  • parkerc2112parkerc2112 Posts: 101 Baller

aupatking