2016 BMW X5-M w/20k miles

6balls6balls Posts: 4,792 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
BMW
Dave Ross--die cancer die
ozski

Comments

• Bruce_ButterfieldBruce_Butterfield Posts: 1,236 Mega Baller
    So you need something with more power to pull your boat?

( since the sarcasm font doesn’t work, I did see the HP rating)
    If it was easy, they would call it wakeboarding.
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,350 Mega Baller
    Sweet ride.
    Mark Shaffer
    Youghskier
  • A_BA_B Posts: 3,904 Mega Baller
    My CEO had one. Seemed about as fast as his Cayenne Turbo. Both were stupid fast for a SUV.
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,792 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Yah fast but can also tow 6000 lbs (keeping in mind this IS a water ski site)
  • DragoDrago Posts: 1,045 Crazy Baller
    I trailered an MB from Chico to Aspen with an X5...I guess you'd call it an M package, bigger wheels, etc (they didn't fully Motorsport them out back then) Forgot the boat was there
    Sr sl driver & judge
  • IlivetoskiIlivetoski Posts: 1,117 Crazy Baller
    My roommate has one (slightly better than average car for a senior in college) and I have never driven anything that is more fun and more powerful to drive... If I give it all the gas it has I have to hit the break within 2-3 seconds because its just too much. Wish I had one
    It's amazing how satisfying vehicles like this are to drive (I have a lot of time in a ML63 AMG as well). It's very much the experience of a large luxury sport sedan--quiet and smooth, effortlessly capable. Yet it's easier to get in/out, gets around in the winter, carries the groceries/gas cans/skis, tows the boat, and when desired makes you feel like you have been shot from a canon. Doesn't corner like a sports car, but corners in ways that an SUV simply shouldn't...kind of feels like you are cheating physics in a mind bending sort of way.
    swc5150Jordan
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,350 Mega Baller
    @6balls so what are you replacing it with?
    Mark Shaffer
    edited January 13

@Chef23 it's bro Jim's ride, he's streamlining the fleet and I'm always searchin' cars/trucks/boats so offered to help sell. My ride in the pic: 505 hp/480 lb-ft of torque ML 63 AMG--very similar type of vehicle.
    If I didn't own what I do, I'd buy the X5-M myself...such a sweet ride.