Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me pick my new boat color

scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 3,967 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
edited January 16 in Boat Talk
Which one do you like better, finalizing my order today.

Help me pick my new boat color 118 votes

Red/white/back
45%
DaveDmlangedislandwaterskicoreyCamEdmundThan_BoganTWBskialexBulldogskiinxsskinutUWSkier6ballsPat MWishEric Kelleychris_loganIlivetoskiMS 54 votes
Red/white
54%
thagerscotchipmanChad_ScottA_BChef23vtjcBruce_ButterfieldkellybrewerAndrebajabrodyMrs_MScamjamjipster43KrleejayskiSethromjnelsonakale15bananaron 64 votes
- President of the Utah Water Ski Club
- Owner at Still Water Lake Estates
mjnelson

Comments

• MuskokaKyMuskokaKy Posts: 275 Baller
    Red/white/back
    fun poll!! Both look great I just think with a black bimini that triple color combo will rock. Congrats and enjoy that sweet tug!
  • BulldogBulldog Posts: 981 Solid Baller
    Red/white/back
    Either one looks amazing...
    Mike Loeffler - "Someone somewhere is having a real problem today...My bad skiing is NOT one of them"
    Red/white/back
    @Bruce_Butterfield either @Horton hasn't read this yet or is thinking of a really good come back hahaha
  • NandoNando Posts: 419 Crazy Baller
    Tough call- both look good. Wish I was picking for my own new boat!
  • mbabiashmbabiash Posts: 375 Baller
    @scotchipman I’m bummed your not going to buy my boat but super happy your getting a new response. I personally like the touch of black with it but either is nice.
    Did you decide on the tournament Bimini?
  • RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 488 Crazy Baller
    Either one will look good with a Utes logo on it.
  • Chad_ScottChad_Scott Posts: 425 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Red/white
    Red/white looks very clean
  • scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 3,967 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Red/white
    Yours is a great deal @mbabiash, was hard to pass up. I went with the tournament Bimini after talking to @Chad_Scott

Yes it would @RAWSki, Utah is my alma mater.
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,032 Mega Baller
    Red/white
    The red and white looks clean. The one with the black looks like it should have blue instead.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 835 Crazy Baller
    Red/white/back
    The Wisconsin Badger in me says red and white. That said, black always sets off red so nicely on boats.
  • powbmpspowbmps Posts: 71 Baller
    Looks like it's all tied up. Which did you go with?
    Red/white/back
    @scotchipman , based on the data i think the answer is " cant go wrong wither way" haha. not sure if this poll helped you or made it ever harder!
  • skialexskialex Posts: 714 Crazy Baller
    Red/white/back
    What if you get a 50/50 result? B)
  • dchristmandchristman Posts: 1,057 Mega Baller
    Red/white
    not likely, @skialex B)
    Is it time to ski, yet?
  • HockdogHockdog Posts: 148 Baller
    I like the blue one.
  • skialexskialex Posts: 714 Crazy Baller
    Red/white/back
    @dchristman it was close thought B)
  • mjnelsonmjnelson Posts: 44 Baller
    Red/white
    I love the look of the new Malibu Response TXi!
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 1,979 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Good choice! The added black made the lines of the boat a little weird, in my eyes.
    Scott Calderwood
  • ConorConor Posts: 78 Baller
    Red/white

WHY NO SPARKLE?
  • scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 3,967 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Red/white
    Nice, like the metal flake but not the extra cost...
  • Rpc29Rpc29 Posts: 185 Solid Baller
    @Conor your boat looks awesome and was great to ski behind last summer. A few of my less skiing inclined friends who were on that trip just referred to it as the “sparkle boat”
    Ryan Christopher
    Red/white
    @Rpc29 heck ya! I hope you make it out this summer. Come ski with me anytime.
    @scotchipman, ya costs!!! We got a screaming deal on the flake up charges and my wife chose colors.
  • MarkSAUMarkSAU Posts: 19 Baller
    Red/white/back
    Red, White & Black,. Like others have said it will work with the black Bimini and offsets the red nicely. Love the boat, either way enjoy it!! I am green with envy!

PS: for those of us to be old enough to have lived the 80's when glitter was all the rage... unlikely to ever by a sparkly bling boat, just cant do it... even my teenage daughter calls it girly.... but then we both like black on boats. Each to their own they say.
    Mark
    Melbourne Australia

"You have not fallen off until you let go the rope"
    Red/white
    @MarkSAU thanks, I was going for the girly look.
  • GAJ0004GAJ0004 Posts: 1,053 Baller
    Stick with solid colors. Avoid metal flake. If it gets damaged or faded you can't restore it. Keep the deck and the running surface white because it is easier to buff out scratches. I am always on the MC, Malibu, and Nautique websites. My boats always end up having red, white and blue. Black and red look really cool together. Since I am from Pittsburgh originally I can't rule out black and gold either..
    Gary Janzig Streetsboro Ohio, skis at Lake Latonka, Mercer Pennsylvania slalom,trick,kneeboard,barefoot
  • blakeyatesblakeyates Posts: 68 Baller
    @GAJ0004 may have a point but the flip side of that is metal flake hides the rope scratches that you get on the back of the boat. My last two boats included metal flake and they were “eye-catchers”
    So, at the end of the day, it is all about preference. I’ve noticed a lot of blue boats but less of the black/grey or red/black boats. To me, the latter two are my choices.
    Blake Yates
    Nautique Promo Rep, GA
    @blakeyates I like the look of metal flake, but If I ever buy a new boat it will be my last one ever.. My '94 Ski Nautique is closing in on 2000 hours. Last compression check everything looked good. If push comes to shove, if the time ever comes I would drop an H5 and zero off in it if the engine ever dies. A new boat is superior to mine, but mine still gets the job done. I have the 2016 version of Perfect Pass Stargazer 3 event on it. I have the 240 horsepower 351 block, carbureted. Only two breakdowns in 23 years. Once was an alternator(had it running again the same day), and the other was the safety switch, and the original Perfect Pass master module(2008 version) that died. If I ordered a new one I would get the progressive graphics, victory red front stripe, masters blue rear stripe, and the hull and deck mystic white. Grey carpet and step pads. Base model with zero off. $2000 is too much money for a stereo unless it is in my living room in my house. The 400 hp engine will be more than enough for the slalom, trick skiing, and barefooting I do. I have been told the H5 is good on gas verses the others.
    Gary Janzig Streetsboro Ohio, skis at Lake Latonka, Mercer Pennsylvania slalom,trick,kneeboard,barefoot
    @blakeyates, The red and black metal flake looks really cool!