Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 - 2018 ProStar waterline cover (RED)

RogerRoger Posts: 1,485 Crazy Baller
edited January 27 in Stuff For Sale
Brand new, never used. Waterline cover has ratchet strap,tie down loops,vents. It's trailerable.
Protect your new PROSTAR from sun damage and road damage. Made of Aqualon material doesn't leak.
Covers the entire boat including the platform and the sides of the boat all the way down.
$495 shipped in CONUS.
Roger B. Clark - Okeeheelee skier. Senior driver, Senior Judge

Comments

• RogerRoger Posts: 1,485 Crazy Baller

Note: Cover for sale is Red.
  • LoopSkiLoopSki Posts: 319 Crazy Baller
    Is the cover pictured just for illustration purposes? Actual one is red?
    Yes, the actual cover is red.
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 1,979 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    No issues towing with this cover?
    Scott Calderwood
    No issues. Lou Alcomo tows his Prostar all over Florida for tournaments using one of these. I bought it because we were losing our covered storage area, but have found another one, so I've never even put the cover on the boat. I bought it through Skip Dunlap who sells them for $495.00 plus shipping which was $40.00, so $535.00. I'm selling it for my cost and eating the shipping.
    One last question. I have a ramp n clamp on my trailer, so how do you put it on when the boat is on the trailer?
    Scott Calderwood
    edited January 27
    So do I and so does Lou. What Lou does is not engage the ramp n clamp (stops short) when he has to use the cover. What I planned to do, was have the nose of the cover modified by a local canvas shop to split it out and have the strap cut and attached to two adjustable snaps. Then I could put the cover on even with the ramp n clamp engaged and just snap onto the front eye before tightening the adjuster at the rear of the boat. Since I never used the cover, I didn't have the mod done. Don't think it would be a difficult mod, but I didn't want to hassle with stopping short and all that (sort of defeats the purpose of the wonderful ramp n clamp system).
    If it was slit up the front, perhaps the 2 sides could velcro together or something too? Hmm, if it was an easy slip on, I'd take it for sure. I'll have to think about this.
    Scott Calderwood
  • epnaultepnault Posts: 184 Baller
    @swc5150 - I use my shipping cover for UV protection on the lift and towing. That thing is super durable.
    That’s what I’ve been doing too. It’s not pretty to look at, but it works well
    Scott Calderwood
  • OSUwaterskierOSUwaterskier Posts: 69 Baller
    If the boat were left in the water, how much of the cover would sit in the water? Looks to be a considerable amount from the photo above.
    It's not meant for use on the boat while in the water, it's on trailer or on lift specific.
    All I was going to do if I kept it was have it split and tabs sewn on at the split point to tie it down the same as the other tie down points. Also have the strap cut and adjustable snap hooks installed to connect to the bow eye. I don't think it would cost much to have a canvas shop do the work.
    Price reduction: $450.00 shipped (shipped price to me when I bought it was $525.00).
    @swc5150 - If you're still interested, I'll let it go for $400.00 shipped...
  • epnaultepnault Posts: 184 Baller
    If this had the cut outs for the ProStar Tower I would take it. Really nice
    @epnault - Check with Skip Dunlap on these covers to see if they make one that way. You can find his ad on ski-it-again for them.
  • dnewtondnewton Posts: 55 Baller
    Is this cover still available? Thank You
    @dnewton - if the USPS tracking system is accurate, you should receive the cover tomorrow. Please email me or post here to confirm it arrived okay. Thanks!
  • dnewtondnewton Posts: 55 Baller

Thanks my man! Works nicely.
    Wow! Never had it on the boat, it looks awesome