Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anyone care for vintage 70's era slalom ski's?

Hi guys
I sold a few boards recently and my father asked me to check interest on his ski's. He has a Brand New Rapid Cheetah slalom. I say new because it was purchase in late 70's but never got wet. The top has some 70's flare stripes but the bottom is beautiful wood. I've never seen anything like it. I'm tempted to just hang it above the TV for nostalgia.

Is there a niche crowd that still runs gear from this era?

Comments

• BlueSkiBlueSki Posts: 633 Crazy Baller
    I believe most do what you are thinking, basement decorations.
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,659 Mega Baller
    edited January 2018
    Do skiers ride equipment from that era?
    I was at college nats a few years ago and watched a young girl ride a wood obrian. She actually skied into top speed 15 off. I ask her about it she said it had been her dad's ski and she felt more comfortable on it then anything updated.
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

InDeep
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,226 Mega Baller
    edited February 2018
    Typically, I’ll find a 30 year old HO Mach One on Craigslist with a guy calling it a competition ski. He’s right, it was. He’s also asking $150 for it. It’s been on my local CL for about 3 years now. He shows determination. Honestly, maybe the prettier wood laminations from Connelly and O’Brien and others of the “Hook” era may be of some value, just because they are pretty. There really is no market value.
    That said, I’ll pay $25 for any old ski that looks cool enough to hang on a wall. That’s my standard valuation
  • ConorConor Posts: 79 Baller
    I will buy any old skis also, if fairly priced. I need doubles preferably. I make ceiling fans out of them and need the same skis opposite each other so that it is balanced easily and looks good.