Reflex liner

Deep11Deep11 Posts: 202 Baller
Quick question - All this talk of optimum boots had me starting to set up my new reflex super shell for the oncoming season. (Previously on vapors / broken leg etc etc).
Anyway the liner is a good fit and quite thin but the “tongue” is about half an inch thick and about as flexible as a bit of wood.
I can get all strapped down but there is zero give in any direction.
Anyone had this issue and have any solutions ? Can I fillet out the stuffing ? Cut if off entirely ?

Comments

• oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 2,980 Mega Baller
    Have you followed the instructions to heat mold them?
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
    Deep11
  • adamhcaldwelladamhcaldwell Posts: 389 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @Deep11 - I really dont understand whats going on and why they keep heading in the direction of wearing a cast on your ankle.
    Deep11mmosley899skialex
  • jedgelljedgell Posts: 316 Baller
    That tongue is ridiculous. I can’t even buckle the top of my boot with that liner and that’s after heat molding. And the thin liner is too thin.
    Justin Edgell - Bozeman, MT
    Deep11
  • mmosley899mmosley899 Posts: 499 Water Ski Industry Professional
    I use the Intuition Aqua liner in my Supershell. They hold up better also.
    Mike's Overall Binding www.mobsystemrelease.com
    Sweet Home Alabama Skiing
    Senior Judge, Senior Driver, Tech Controller
    Deep11jimskiaupatking
  • Alberto SoaresAlberto Soares Posts: 264 Baller
    Have been using them the last 10 years, changed 2 or 3 times mostly because the wearing on my rear-style. My tight boots need the thin liners, very good product in my opinion
    Deep11rico
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 982 Mega Baller
    edited February 11
    @Alberto Soares I think he’s talking about the Reflex Pro Forms. The thin liners are great, and hold up well, but for thick liners, I’m with @mmosley899. The Intuition Aqua is the best for me.
    Deep11
  • Deep11Deep11 Posts: 202 Baller
    Many thanks guys - looks like a little DIY on that liner is required. As far as google will tell me the Aqua liners aren’t available in the UK.
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 2,481 Mega Baller
    @deep11 try splash liners from fluid motion.
    Same thing but he's in Canada so should ship to uk
    MuskokaKyDeep11
  • mmosley899mmosley899 Posts: 499 Water Ski Industry Professional
    @Deep11 I ship stuff all over the world, shouldn't be a problem getting you liners if you can't find someone with them there.
    Mike's Overall Binding www.mobsystemrelease.com
    Sweet Home Alabama Skiing
    Senior Judge, Senior Driver, Tech Controller
    Deep11
  • ColeGiacopuzziColeGiacopuzzi Posts: 377 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @rico Funny this came up, we were just messing around with it this weekend. You skied on it what did you think?
    Cole Giacopuzzi • Radar Skis
    Deep11
  • NandoNando Posts: 402 Crazy Baller
    I found the tongue softened up when heat molded and really felt no difference from the Reflex thin liners when I switched last fall. I did remove the insoles for better feel and fit.
    Deep11
  • ricorico Posts: 57 Baller
    @ColeGiacopuzzi I am on the Reflex Supershell Original and I had to move my 2 top buckles to accommodate this line, but I have to admit it felt really good. Comfortable but driving the ski well.
    Eric Francois - Studio City, CA - 2018 Vapor Pro Build - Reflex Super /R Style
    Deep11