Anyone on the Omni?

Anyone on the Omni? What do you think?
JBB

Comments

• scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 3,760
    Not yet but have one coming in a few months, excited to try it after talking to Will Asher about it. I'm currently on the Syndicate Pro which I really like.
    - President of the Utah Water Ski Club
    - Owner at Still Water Lake Estates
    savaiusinimjnelsonToddA
  • SivotaSivota Posts: 81 Baller
    I have commented here before - still closed season for me, but last season I enjoyed a great improvement on the Syndicate Omni. See these previous posts. Nothing has happened to change my view.
    savaiusini
  • thrixthrix Posts: 29 Baller
    Is the Syndicate Omni available to buy anywhere? Both sites I know of sya it is on back order.
    MarkSAU
  • HortonHorton Posts: 24,490 Administrator
    edited March 2
    I just spoke to @perfski and they have the Omni in stock

Try http://www.perfski.com/ or 407.859.7544

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Barts / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / HO Syndicate

MasterCraft / Masterline / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf

Reflex / Radar /Stokes

unksskissavaiusini
  • Frank_MAFrank_MA Posts: 2 Baller
    edited April 12
    @wettek69 I see you have replaced the stock fin with an adjustable (Syndicate) fin block on your Carbon Omni. Was that easy to replace or do you have to drill extra holes?
  • scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 3,760
    edited May 6
    I received my 65" Syndicate Omni last week and have now skied 10 sets on it...very easy going and free flowing ski...loving it so far. My current settings are 6.881", 2.500", 0.728" (Slot) 9.0°, 29.00....stock is 6.880", 2.475", 0.730", 7.0°, 29". I skied a few sets at 6.878", 2.486", 0.730", 9.0°, 29" and a few more at 6.836", 2.515", 0.711", 9.0°, 29".

- President of the Utah Water Ski Club
    - Owner at Still Water Lake Estates
    ALPJrmmosley899
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,464 Crazy Baller
    Nice photo!
    scotchipman
  • wettek69wettek69 Posts: 49 Baller
    @Frank_MA no problem at all, pretty much dropped straight on. The damper ski suits my skiing conditions better (not as "noisy", as it's rare I get glaasy water) but still lets me play with settings. Not really needed at my ability level, but nice to have.
  • vtmechengvtmecheng Posts: 171 Baller
    @wettek69 is that the Radar feather ART or metal plate one? Of it's the feather, did it match the rear binding holes or did you modify? Thabks.
  • wettek69wettek69 Posts: 49 Baller
    @vtmecheng no it's the metal plate version. The Radar rear feather frame hole pattern will only fit Radar skis, whereas the metal plate version has the industry standard hole pattern.

With the assistance of a local engineering shop I was able to have the carbon sequence plate drilled out to fit the omni. I went with the slightly older Radar Vapor binding to match the ski B)

scotchipmanvtmecheng
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,464 Crazy Baller
    Nice looking set up. Wondering why you had to drill? My sequence and vapors fit perfectly on my HO.
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,033 Mega Baller
    @scotchipman I will be interested to hear how the Omni skis when you get in the course. I will likely need something that is easier on my body then my Goode Mid at some point. Although I have learned my lesson and won't get rid of the Mid until I am in love with something else again.
    Mark Shaffer
    @ALPJr The Carbon Sequence plate has narrow slots at the rear and needed widening to expose the screw mountings. As there is a centre slot I had the Radar rear bar drilled in the middle so I could use 3 screws.
    From you picture it looks as though the 2 rear most slots are wider in any event.