Stealth Glove by Ryan Dodd

HortonHorton Posts: 25,801 Administrator

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

MuskokaKyrobmollysilverlakeBulldogReggieO

Comments

• aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,068 Mega Baller
    @perfski have em?
  • wawaskrwawaskr Posts: 165 Baller
    Looks real similar to an HO Tail 41. What does the thumb look like?
    Matt
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,657 Mega Baller
    @aupatking they are on the Performance web site.
    Mark Shaffer
    Mike
  • Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 1,867
    Loving the Reflex Supershell with R Style Rear and NRG with CG Fin.
  • WoodySkierWoodySkier Posts: 68 Baller
    How do they compare on thickness to the 41 tails? I had a pair of 41 tails I loved and then the next pair I bought seemed to not fit the same. I got some different HOngloves that weren’t Kevlar but they fit great but I blew threw them pretty quick.
    Horton
  • unksskisunksskis Posts: 322 Baller
    Definitely look worth trying out, but I don't jump with kevlar palms. Do top jumpers prefer Kevlar palms? Are these thinner than most other Kevlar palms?
    RampDodd
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,801 Administrator
    @unksskis why not jump with Kevlar?

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

elrjimski
  • unksskisunksskis Posts: 322 Baller
    Feel more locked in, connected to the handle. Guess in my mind the more you feel the more you're able to react, and I don't want anything slipping while hauling into the ramp. Kevlar to me is for durability, things like slalom where you're re-grabbing the handle more frequently and at different positions, however I don't prefer Kevlar for slalom either. I can be a rare case, that's why it would be interesting to see if/what top jumpers use them. Likely all just personal preference, definitely want to try out the Stealth gloves regardless.
    RampDodd
    I have a few rides with the Stealth gloves and so far they are great.

aupatkingRampDodd
    I really do not do glove reviews but if you are looking for a thinner palmed kevlar glove you are going to love the Stealth.

• MarkMMarkM Posts: 101 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    I just got a pair and the are very nice. They are similar to 41 tails but fit a bit better.
    The only negative is that they do not have a pull tab down by the wrist. So i removed a pull tab from some old 41 tails and sewed them on to the Stealths, much better.
    RampDodd
    Update:

I have been wearing the same pair of stealth gloves for approximately 200 slalom rides and they are still going strong.

Than_Boganandjulesaupatking
  • skihartskihart Posts: 454 Solid Baller
    I have been using mine all summer and they have been great. They could use a small tab on the inside at the wrist to make it easier to put them on but other than that fantastic. Great price as well.
    RampDodd
  • albertabradalbertabrad Posts: 4 Baller
    Used a pair of stealth gloves this season and thought they were great. Held up well and comfortable.
    RampDodd
  • DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 747 Crazy Baller
    @MarkM @Horton so If I wear a tail wind 41 size med are stealth gloves sized the same?
    dvskier
  • andjulesandjules Posts: 762 Crazy Baller
    I'm really enjoying mine as well.
    For any Canucks here, they were also the cheapest pro-level glove I could find from any Canadian shop (I bought from Shuswap).
    RampDoddReggieOskihart
  • DaveDDaveD Posts: 696 Crazy Baller
    Any chance Ryan will be offering a non-kevlar version?
  • ReggieOReggieO Posts: 54 Baller
    Just ordered a pair, looking forward to getting them!
  • DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 747 Crazy Baller
    I just ordered a pair also
  • StevePopsStevePops Posts: 11 Baller
    @RampDodd I live in Sweden and I wonder if it is only possible bying the gloves i Belgium in all of Europe? And if that is the case, what store in Belgium have them?
  • skialexskialex Posts: 756 Crazy Baller
    @StevePops Olivier Fortamps in Belgium has them, really nice guy and good friend, contact him on Facebook or enter his site.
    olivierfortamps.com
    StevePopsHortonmbabiash
  • StevePopsStevePops Posts: 11 Baller
    @skialex Thank you! 😁
    skialex
    Hey anybody spot a cyber Monday deal on these gloves? My wife and kids are asking me for Christmas present ideas.
  • KillerKiller Posts: 336 Baller
    @skihart yep. Dodd posted a deal on insta. Have to buy direct I think
    @Killer thanks man will check it out.
    Wow that’s a sweet deal! I bought three pair. Surprised more ballers aren’t all over this.
  • WBLskierWBLskier Posts: 431 Baller
    I wear a medium in 41tails. They are very tight in that size which I like. What size would I be in these gloves?
    @WBLskier if they are the red 41 tails then get the same size in the Stealthglove.
    Deanoski