Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hungarian freeskier Elizabeth Swaney is a water skier?

HortonHorton Posts: 27,426 Administrator
In an interview from Pyeongchang, South Korea, Swaney said she is capable of landing several high-flying tricks on waterski ramps

See Link

FYI if waterskiing does ever make it to the Olympics I will be working on my Icelandic or Ugandan citizenship so I can be an Olympian.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

robmollysilverlakekeithh2oskiersunvalleylaw

Comments

• BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,618 Mega Baller
    edited February 2018
    Sounds like maybe show ski? She's even crowdfunded.
    https://www.rallyme.com/rallies/2536
  • klindyklindy Posts: 2,269 Mega Baller
    Perhaps @BraceMaker but remember this is the same woman who also ran against Arnold Swartzenagar for governor of CA. She’s been sitting too close to the fault line for a while it seems.
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Vice President
    AWSA Southern Region EVP
    BraceMaker
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,932 Mega Baller
    Valerie Grenier from Canada was in the downhill and the combined. 6 or 7 years ago she competed in an event in NY at Pangea and she was a great jumper she out jumped all the boys that were her same age. I looked he up online and her profile lists water skiing as one of her interests but it says she just slaloms now.
    Mark Shaffer
    Killer
  • bigskieridahobigskieridaho Posts: 940 Crazy Baller
    Liz Swaney is a tool. What she did is not cool and there were plenty of others that deserved to be there....Anyways, by the waterski ramps, she means ski jumps into the pools which pretty much anyone could do. Like Olympic Park pools in Park City. If she can’t do it in the pipe GTFO. Just my .02
    lakeaustinskierKillerMuskokaKyPat M
  • BoneHeadBoneHead Posts: 6,044
    That chick is looney. While it's agreed, she could ride the half pipe better than I, I wouldn't necessarily trust she can go big on the water any more than she was capable of going big on the snow. She used a loophole to qualify by showing up in backwater places in the world, knowing full well the real skiers were at a competition somewhere else.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

The USOC does need to close that loophole. There are minimum times and scores in other events and it seems there needs to be some sort of minimum here as well.
    Mark Shaffer
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,393 Mega Baller
    edited February 2018
    Hey now, it's regulations like that are preventing me from pole vaulting for Togo! Booo!

(Yes, it's a real country and over 7 million people live there. But I don't think they field any vaulters ... yet!)
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    She's been "thru" a lot .... quote from an MSN article - It was certainly a long road for the 33-year-old. Before taking up skiing in Park City, Utah, she competed in skeleton for Venezuela and dabbled in rowing. She once tried out for the Oakland Raiders cheerleading team and even ran for governor of California at 19.
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Vice President
    AWSA Southern Region EVP
  • keithh2oskierkeithh2oskier Posts: 518 Crazy Baller
    @klindy She represents the millennial generation well. If at first you don't succeed, give up and try something else.
    BoneHead
    Exactly. She trains on her Wii.
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Vice President
    AWSA Southern Region EVP
    eleeski
  • lakeaustinskierlakeaustinskier Posts: 349 Solid Baller
    I saw an interview on NBC and she came across as scheming and creepy. But smart (she went to Harvard). To her credit the interviewers tried to get her to open up to her scheme and she never took the bait. Ultimately how is she different from the Nigerian bobsled team this year or the most famous bobsled team (Jamaica)? Same thing. they need to tighten up.
    Ted Thomson, Austin Texas, Aquaplex
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,426 Administrator
    Makes me proud not to be Hungarian. I'm sure glad she is not just some dopey girl form California

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

MuskokaKyBoneHead
  • liquid dliquid d Posts: 1,102 Mega Baller
    She got 30 points! You want her out, somebody from Hungary should work harder!
    So, she hit a bunch of class C tournaments to qualify? I'm already on Ancestry.com to figure out what country my great grandparents came from....haha
    HortonBill22
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,832 Infinite Pandas
    Isn't she some publicity seeking senator from New England? How can she keep her American senate job and compete for Hungry?

Sent from my incendiary Russian fake news bot
    @eleeski don’t hang her on us. Swaney is born and bred in California. According to Wikipedia she did her undergrad at Berkeley but did get a Masters at Harvard. Works and lives in California. Swaney is all California.
    Mark Shaffer
    Bill22MichaelGoodman
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,426 Administrator
    Berkeley grad almost always equals wackadoodle do

Ed_Johnson
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,832 Infinite Pandas
    @Chef23 Apologies, I overlooked the S in her last name - wrong Elizabeth. Besides, it was the Russian bots that took over because I made a long link.

Of course Stanford programmers developed the Russian bots (certainly not Berkeley). Harvard grads did sell it to the Russians. Confused the practical people at MIT ( @Than_Bogan )?

She actually won the governor's race and served as a Schwarzenegger impersonator. Too many Berkeley grads voting in California.

Eric
    klindy