Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Moomba Webcast poll

HortonHorton Posts: 25,660 Administrator
edited March 11 in Videos & Photos
How is the video quality for you?

Moomba Webcast poll 63 votes

Terrible - pointless - waste of time
57%
HortonthagerGloersenChad_ScottA_BJack KinnejhughesThan_Bogan9400MattPbrodydave2ballraynJody_Sealjayskiwalleyeskier2788musclefixerbkreisBroussard 36 votes
Hit and miss but not bad
34%
DaveDdislandskiepPSMKelvinEd_JohnsonskiinxsgalejanMarkTimmski4xtcBG1ToddFALPJrBill22MattWozskiSkirvinddchristmanBrodie JamesRobbo5252 22 votes
Worked great
7%
scotchipmanunksskisallycatJibbodhofert 5 votes

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

Comments

• BroussardBroussard Posts: 363 Solid Baller
    Yesterday it worked great for me, but tonight it's completely worthless.
    Andre Broussard - Louisiana
  • skier2788skier2788 Posts: 688 Crazy Baller
    I get a commercial and then about 15 seconds of the event and it freezes. It did finally get better for the last three men's slalom skiers.
    Travis Torley
    Ryota
  • WishWish Posts: 7,316 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Couldn't vote since I tried UStream App.

Web link = horrible feed.
    UStream App = flawless feed.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 1,848
    Hit and miss but not bad
    Where do you find the U-Stream App to download ?
    Loving the Reflex Supershell with R Style Rear !!!
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,660 Administrator
    I tried the ustream app and it was just as bad.

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

• Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,455 Crazy Baller
    Hit and miss but not bad
    Need one more option: "Terrible for 1/2 of MO, then Hit & miss but Okayish."
    In gear. Hit It. Thank You!
    @Bill22 you have more time to chose.

edited March 11
    @Ed_Johnson Apple App Store. I just searched UStream
  • raynrayn Posts: 362 Baller
    edited March 11
    Awful for most of men's slalom. Then for last 3 skiers it was ok.

Used both ustream app and chrome on iPad. Both the same. Froze and had to reload every pass.
    Ray Newmark -
  • skiinxsskiinxs Posts: 460 Crazy Baller
    Hit and miss but not bad
    Hit and miss, but certainly better than nothing at all.
    edited March 11
    They seem to have worked it out for women's tricks. Flawless for the round so far.

Jinxed it. Just went offline.
    Ray Newmark -
  • bkreisbkreis Posts: 281 Baller
    never got to see a full pass and when it was close it froze regardless of device
    www.skyfitness.com
  • dislanddisland Posts: 1,212 Crazy Baller
    Hit and miss but not bad
    The recap on worldwaterskiers is better
    Dave Island- Princeton Lakes
  • A_BA_B Posts: 3,991 Mega Baller
    They cut to an ad right as Sedomajer was entering the course after a few warmup passes. Cutting to ads while skier was in water and back to skier as they entered the course was distracting. I turned it off.
    Id rather see an add strip streaming across the bottom of the live feed vs constant cutting to the same adds. Almost counter productive as there are several products (some even water ski related) that would frustrate me to purchase as it would just be a reminder of the constant interruptions.
  • dchristmandchristman Posts: 1,083 Mega Baller
    Hit and miss but not bad
    Not too bad the times I was watching tricks. During slalom I'm mostly watching the insides of my eye-lids. Maybe it's load related. During tricks I think it was mostly well below 100 watching. Anybody notice how many watching during slalom?
    Is it time to ski, yet?
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,043 Mega Baller
    I only had mild connection issues, but the nearly constant ads covering 100% of the screen were unwatchable. And I mean that literally: I closed it and stopped watching it.

I appreciate the need to profit from the broadcast, but this particular try swung much too far: If you show almost nothing but ads, then nobody will watch and the advertisers aren't getting anything out of it.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    BG1
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,424 Mega Baller
    There is a group of boat racers on the west coast that web-cast their events from time to time. Keep in mind these are small inboard circle racers that race in confined areas such as long beach, Parker and a few other venues. They utilize YouTube for their webcast and the broadcasts are flawless. I know that the sponsors that pay for the waterski webcasts pay a very handsome sum for the service and in many times not getting what they pay for.
    The moomba is an extraordinary event with ever changing challenging conditions set up in front of spectators that can number in excess of 50,000 at any given time. The hard work that goes into this event is beyond belief. Finals are this evening hopefully everything comes together and we get to watch an exciting finals to one of our sports biggest event.
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

• dhofertdhofert Posts: 211 Baller
    Worked great
    I watched only for an hour or 2 both Thursday and Friday and had no connection issues. Yes the ads are quite annoying but it is free. Would be nice for some replays or something.
  • One_SkiOne_Ski Posts: 55 Baller
    At first, it didn't work at all. Later in the evening it started working smoothly, but the continuous commercials were so annoying, I just shut it down. I mean, seriously - there were a couple hundered viewers, and they're going to pound us into the ground with commercials? Even network TV limits commercials to 20 minutes per hour or so.
    @dhofert I'm completely perplexed that it works so much better for some people than others

• dhofertdhofert Posts: 211 Baller
    Worked great
    Yeah it really makes no sense. I really don't think I watched long enough to be a good statistic though.
  • JibboJibbo Posts: 119 Water Ski Industry Professional
    Worked great
    The connection struggled the first day and kept freezing. But fine after that.
    But the commercials are so constant that I just gave up watching. There were some amazing moments that they could have replayed and really captured the audience but they seemed to miss that opportunity. Did seem to work better on my iPad through the upstream app than my computer .
  • DavidNDavidN Posts: 173 Baller
    edited March 12
    Unwatchable
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,624 Crazy Baller
    Hit and miss but not bad
    Varied, at times it loaded right up and kept going, other times it took three or four tries, and last night it would stop after about 10 seconds. Hope tonight goes smooth.
    What the finals like as far as our time zone (East) to start watching? Guessing late?
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,624 Crazy Baller
    Hit and miss but not bad
    1:25pm AU time, so minus 14hrs should be about 11 - 11:30pm est. for womens slalom followed by mens.
    Anyone having luck today. Clearly I am not.
    Ray Newmark -
  • DmaxJC_skiDmaxJC_ski Posts: 346 Solid Baller
    Worked great for me a couple times, today not even a hint....
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 1,059 Crazy Baller
    Hit and miss but not bad
    It’s been nearly perfect for me today. Back at home with cable modem internet.
    Kelvin Kelm, Lakes of Katy, Katy Texas