Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Moomba Webcast poll

2»

Comments

• MarkTimmMarkTimm Posts: 87 Baller
    Hit and miss but not bad
    It was awful on my android tablet using google chrome and was almost flawless on my laptop using google chrome. The difference was enough that I thought the problem was with my tablet.
    Mark Timm
  • APBAPB Posts: 135 Baller
    Terrible - pointless - waste of time
    such a great event and such poor coverage. id rather just watch a youtube shot from the announcers booth and posted an hour after the event.

those repetitive ads were so damn annoying when i could watch. right a benny cut out for his 41 gate..... boom ad. f-u.
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,433 Crazy Baller
    Hit and miss but not bad
    Used desktop with Firefox for ALL of the finals, only had to refresh 3-4 times.

I can’t believe that the announcer said Nate had “guaranteed” himself 1st place before Benjamin had skied. That’s just down right disrespectful!
    In gear. Hit It. Thank You!
  • WaterSkier12WaterSkier12 Posts: 196 Baller
    Or confident
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 1,054 Crazy Baller
    Hit and miss but not bad
    I watched Saturday using Firefox and a rural internet connection. Everything was spotty and the ads were a bit annoying. For the finals, I was back home using a good high speed internet connection and Chrome with an ad-blocker plugin - NO ads whatsoever and the connection was fairly stable with only 3 or 4 refreshes.

To get technical, alot of their issues come from the Ustream service only offering a single bitrate stream at a fairly high bitrate. Made for great picture quality when it came in, but made drop outs and buffering more likely.
    Kelvin Kelm, Lakes of Katy, Katy Texas
  • Robbo5252Robbo5252 Posts: 6 Baller
    Hit and miss but not bad
    Thursday & Friday were perfect on a high speed connection. During the finals, just trying to listen to it on the road while my 7 year old watched was hopeless. He was retrying every 2 minutes with minimal luck.
2»