Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOW - THIS IS REALLY COOL !!!

Loving the Reflex Supershell with R Style Rear !!!
WishBill22MISkierbogboyDaveDluckyosunOSUwaterskierandyrBrady

Comments

• skierjpskierjp Posts: 577 Crazy Baller
    10 minutes from my house and my lake where I ski. They have a long long long way to go. The cable towers are in and they are digging the tournament lake.
    Curious to see how the tournament lake is going to be managed. Hopefully like Okeeheelee but I doubt it.
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 2,198 Mega Baller
    Looks fantastic. I'll definitely put a visit on my list when it is ready.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
  • Eric KelleyEric Kelley Posts: 238 Solid Baller
    Very impressive plan. Great showcase for our sport.
  • ScottScottScottScott Posts: 550 Crazy Baller
    Not just watersport.....its a sports megatropolis. Looking forward to the 1st big event with a wrap concert on the floating stage.....I'll bring my boat and hang out.
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,545 Mega Baller
    Do any of the lakes already exist? Where is the funding coming from?

It looks like a cool concept but very expensive.
    Mark Shaffer
  • WishWish Posts: 7,260 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited March 11
    It's to bad they couldn't cut out 2 more lakes (even if further away) or at least one more and hold the Nationals there every year. Is the cable lake long enough for a jump/trick lake if shut down for cable for those days?
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • Eric KelleyEric Kelley Posts: 238 Solid Baller
    I think the bad thing is that the 3 event lake is relegated to the other side of the road. Correct me if I'm wrong please. It is not going to be where it is located on the film?
  • bogboybogboy Posts: 693 Baller
    Exciting presentation.
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,842 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Not sure if I should be excited or scared for them...hope it takes off and is busy.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • dislanddisland Posts: 1,174 Crazy Baller
    The scary part was the wake surfing scene. Good luck keeping any kind of shoreline if they allow surf barges.

The other thing that was interesting was co-located Nautique and Mastercraft sponsor logo's. I wont hold my breath on that one.
    Dave Island- Princeton Lakes
    edited March 11
    @Eric Kelley The 3 event lake is on the main side in the park, east side of Lake Myrtle. And yes, Lake Myrtle is large enough for the cable park, slalom course and jump. The 3 event lake looks to be over half done.
    @disland the surf lake is it’s own venue. It is a generated surf (no boats ).
    The cable park only takes up around half of Lake Myrtle, so this site could be a 2 lake site for Nationals.
    edited March 11

This was the 3 event lake 2 weeks ago. Lake Myrtle cable park is to the right of the picture (West) all the soccer fields are behind me in the pic. This is the southern most end at the park.
  • dislanddisland Posts: 1,174 Crazy Baller
    @skierjp I was not refering ot the surf venue but to the video of wakesurfing behind a boat.
    Dave Island- Princeton Lakes
    That would be on Lake Myrtle not the tournament lake
  • gmangman Posts: 11 Water Ski Industry Professional
    This is the new Waterski and Wake Sports Foundation HQ project. It will house the new Hall Of Fame and waterski/ wake sports museum and is intended to be the epicenter for showcasing our sport. Yes, there will be some high profile events once the project is complete. At a total cost of $8M, the plan calls for a 3 event lake, cable park, surf park, pro shop, restaurant and more. The cable park will open this summer and the total build out of the project may be complete in 2019. As of March 12 the 3 event lake is about half dug, and should be complete this fall. They're taking 200 truck loads of material out every day so it's going quickly. Funds for completing the project are coming from donations and a generous $800,000 contribution from Polk County. Adjacent to the site is the the Lake Myrtle Sports Park with 9 baseball fields and 11 soccer fields. That park gets over 1M visitors a year so we should get some excellent exposure with athletic kids.
  • Bruce_ButterfieldBruce_Butterfield Posts: 1,287 Mega Baller
    Great idea if it can be pulled off. Just 1 simple question: if Polk county is funding $800k (a really good thing) where is the other $7.2M coming from?
    If it was easy, they would call it wakeboarding.
  • braindamagebraindamage Posts: 121 Baller
    This is either going to be the centerpiece of a potential future or massive financial ruin. My vote is for the former.
  • WishWish Posts: 7,260 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    At some point there was a third lake in the plans. Wonder if that's still a possibility. If so, Nationals for sure.

>>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • unksskisunksskis Posts: 320 Baller
    edited March 14
    @Bruce_Butterfield hopefully not from my membership donation.