Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Purple Goes Down

About a week ago I finally managed to get through -38 in practice and managed to jag a couple at -39 just to see what it felt like. I went straight down the line which made it that little bit sweeter so I can check that box and think about the next loop which might take more than a couple of years to work out... There is a lot of info inside this forum that made it possible so thanks to everyone who contributes here, the game changer for me on -38 was some crazy stuff that @adamhcaldwell wrote about gates and some other stuff about skiing at the ball / up on the boat. Don't know why it worked but maybe because my work zone became shorter and less outbound and I started to let myself swing up on the boat? It started to feel almost easy.. Thanks again everyone and I could not have got it done without the KD!

'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski: KD Platinum

ScottScotth2onhkA_Bski6jonesJody_SealdchristmanRazorRoss3jedgellBG1HortonscotchipmanBill22DWBongoskihartMickeyThompsonMISkierCamskialexThan_BoganMattPChunkydMichaelGoodmanLieutenant DanaupatkingFraserswaterkdBruce_Butterfieldadkh2oskiergt2003jayskiswc5150JordanklindycustomskiVONMANToddAAndremarkchilcuttDaveDMarkTimmsteve77TELrodeconDeep11BradyLakeOneSkierbkreisWishsmalortjmrobmollysilverlakeRichardDoanepumpinpeteBlueSkibf`Mike

Comments

• adamhcaldwelladamhcaldwell Posts: 406 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    edited March 15
    Thanks Craig! Thats awesome! Congrats! Definitely a huge milestone and achievement!

@AdamCord got that awesome Gate conversation started!
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,020 Mega Baller
    Nothing like the right technical input combined with a ski that works for you!
    Congratulations!!
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,545 Mega Baller
    That is awesome congratulations.
    Mark Shaffer
  • GAJ0004GAJ0004 Posts: 1,053 Baller
    I am hoping to see purple this summer, but my offseason training is not going well since I have been sick most of February.. My best in practice is [email protected] off. I got through the exit gate but lost the handle after I got out because of the slack.
    Gary Janzig Streetsboro Ohio, skis at Lake Latonka, Mercer Pennsylvania slalom,trick,kneeboard,barefoot
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,842 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    What??? Awesome!!! Purple is a big milestone, man.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die