Courses in Alberta?

aspskiaspski Posts: 81 Baller
Getting a boat this spring and am excited to ski the course for the first time. Anyone know of any public lakes that will have a course on them this year? I am in Calgary so anything central/southern Alberta would be good to know
jcamp

Comments

• Fam-manFam-man Posts: 153 Baller
    @aspski I’m sure you’re aware of the Predator Bay Waterski Club in Calgary.
    There’s a few of us in Medicine Hat that have a course in a local irrigation reservoir called rattlesnake lake. We all chip in for maintenance and install/ removal. Reach out if you’re thinking to head this way

• david_quaildavid_quail Posts: 124 Baller
    Congrats on getting a new boat! That's awesome. What'd you get?

If you're ever up near Edmonton, look me up. Shalom Park is obviously amazing - the site of nationals. But there's a bunch of us that ski 45 minutes west at Seba Beach. 3 courses decently maintained there.
    Justin
  • JustinJustin Posts: 48 Baller
    @david_quail I am at Lake Isle across the highway. We have a course as well.
    Be nice to connect with some course skiers this summer.
    I didn't realize there was 1 course out there never mind 3! lol.
  • david_quaildavid_quail Posts: 124 Baller
    @Justin We should totally connect! It's a short hop over the highway to get to each others lake.

There's a few of us out there that get out early in the morning every weekend and several weeks of the summer. Any time the wind blows from the west, or north, we're good to go! Would always welcome another skier!

As an aside, we'll often see Steven Neveu out there ripping it up - and he's been kind enough to give a few of us hacks a few tips here and there.
    Justin
  • JustinJustin Posts: 48 Baller
    Unreal. Ill message you once the ice breaks.
    david_quail
  • FraserFraser Posts: 21 Baller
    @Justin come down and ski Shalom with @david_quail and I at Shalom too if your flexible during the week. We usually get out once per week.
    david_quail
  • AusskiAusski Posts: 1 New Baller
    Hey all,

Have seen a few posts similar to this but not real sure where to go, hoping someone can help me out
    My Hubby and I are heading over in Late July - Edmonton& down to Vancouver - I used to live and work in Vermillion area a few years ago. Have been telling him how awesome the lakes are compared to Aus and would love to get on the water for a quick ski for a few mornings - Where is the best place to go? Happy to pay for a tug - Google doesn't offer much just a few places around Kelowna etc but I'm thinking some of the smaller lakes are better/more protected/better chance of flat water?
    Help!
  • FraserFraser Posts: 21 Baller
    @Ausski I would say your best bet is Shalom Park in Edmonton. You can pay for rides there so check out their website http://www.shalompark.com/. The Canadian Open is there about the 3rd week of July so the week before will be tight for rides. I can't remember how early they start so it may be more of a mid day on thing.
  • TB29TB29 Posts: 4 Baller
    Always a couple of courses up at Jackfish lake by Edmonton too!
  • S1PittsS1Pitts Posts: 92 Baller
    @Ausski - If you pass thru the Kootenays on the way to Vancouver I will give you a pull. Have boats on the water in Castlegar BC and Christina Lake BC on Hwy 3 route to the coast.
  • aspskiaspski Posts: 81 Baller
    Anyone know of any courses set up on Sylvan, Ghost, little bow, mcgreggor?
  • FSSPCatFSSPCat Posts: 107 Baller
    Little Bow had one the last time I was there. Granted this was a long time ago. I never ran it though as I didn’t know who the owner was. It was at the resort side of the lake.
  • jpattigrjpattigr Posts: 85 Baller
    No water in Ghost anymore till after Aug.1st. Since the big flood they run it way low all spring and most of summer. Looks sad now!
    schafer
  • aspskiaspski Posts: 81 Baller
    Bumping. Any updates? Also does anyone know if there is a course set up on Shuswap anywhere?
  • schaferschafer Posts: 290 Baller
    I have a course in Lacombe, everyone is welcome to come ski with me here. Email me at
    todd at schaferhomes dot com
    Or pM me here
    Quest for the Purple Loop
    FSSPCatDaveD