Old topic but new season. Vinyl care?

TdubTdub Posts: 196 Baller
I know, I know, this has been discussed many times but I need a new perspective. So much knowledge on this forum so it is time to tap into it. Getting the 2004 196 out of storage soon. What have you guys found out to be the best cleaner and sealer for the seats? Mine have become a tad dull over the years. Need some thoughts for the new season from the folks who in the know.

Cheers.
Tom

Comments

• swc5150swc5150 Posts: 1,811 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Babes and 303 are my choice. Been using Babe's exclusively so far on the new boat, and it works great.
    Scott Calderwood
    Tdub
  • fu_manfu_man Posts: 332 Solid Baller
    I have used Boat Bling products in the past with great results.
    Tdub
  • bigskieridahobigskieridaho Posts: 741 Crazy Baller
    I use 303 and Vinyl Sauce on my seats.
    LZywicki1
  • Mike GileMike Gile Posts: 247 Solid Baller
    +1 for 303 and Babes. The seat soap smells cool too!
    Tdub
  • dchristmandchristman Posts: 970 Mega Baller
    Ed Llewellyn always used Lemon Pledge on his vinyl. It sure made the ride more interesting for passengers in the turns.
    Is it time to ski, yet?
    Tdub
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,002 Crazy Baller
    How about cleaning the stitching on a 196? Don't want use anything that will deteriorate them, but they're no longer white.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
  • keithh2oskierkeithh2oskier Posts: 333 Solid Baller
    edited March 23
    Depends how dirty they are. I have used watered down (10:1) Totally Awesome (TA) for deep cleaning when I got my boat. It was in a barn with a cover but there was a really thick layer of dust from not being used.

Attached photo was the day I brought it home.

This is the after cleaning.

I used an upholstery brush to make it easy and really scrub it clean. After I sprayed with TA and scrubbed I immediately used clean water to get the TA off the seats as its caustic and will dry out the vinyl. I then followed up with 303 to keep it soft and protect.

After that I have used Vinyl sauce for cleaning after every use along with 303.
    Tdub
  • SkierAtHeartSkierAtHeart Posts: 10 Baller
    Inflatable Boat Cleaner to get the grime and 303 to protect. I have used the Totally Awesome as well. I think the Inflatable Boat Cleaner actually works better. He is a link to Inflatable Boat Cleaner. http://cascaderivergear.com/shop/inflatable-boat-cleaner-qt/
    Tdub
  • pgmoorepgmoore Posts: 184 Solid Baller
    My favourite is 3M Marine Outdoor Vinyl Cleaner, Conditioner & Protector.

I really like how it goes on thick and doesn't run all over the place. The finish is great, it doesn't discolour anything, and I feel like it has done a great job protecting the upholstery in our boat.
    Patrick Moore
    Tdub
  • TdubTdub Posts: 196 Baller
    Thanks to all!
  • sixballsixball Posts: 197 Baller
    I have been using 303 for many many years.
    Tdub