Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

450HP 6.0L in a 2011 Nautique 200

Fam-manFam-man Posts: 157 Baller
Hey Ballers
Considering a used boat that has the 450Hp 6.0L in a 2011 Nautique 200?
Any thoughts on reliability and longevity with this engine version? Are they very common, I typically see a the 409Hp version.
Any other thoughts or words of caution?
Thanks

Comments

• skihartskihart Posts: 433 Solid Baller
    I have heard of people having issues with the 450hp version of the 6.0. Not the 409 which is fantastic. Can’t remember what the exact issue was but it was from a Nautique sponsored skier who was a fan of the 450.
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,842 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Sounds like the perfect amount of hp to me!!! Drove one once...beast!
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • Keith MenardKeith Menard Posts: 373 Crazy Baller
    THAT IS GORGEOUS!
  • skinutskinut Posts: 369 Baller
    @shansen345 I wonder why they had to "refurbish" the boat?
  • j2nhj2nh Posts: 63 Baller
    The ski-it-again 200 is a little off. "2014 Ski Nautique 200 Team with the following options: PCM ZR450 w/2.5 hours w/6 mths parts warranty".
    Boat completely refurbished? Sounds like it was re-powered with the 450 or more likely a 409.
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,391 Mega Baller
    Nope! I just got off the phone with Tim at Inboard Solutions. It really is not a re-furb but it does have a new ZR 6.0 HO motor, originally a anemic 5.7 boat. Lots of love has been put into this including a couple of OEM seat skins. This boat is the real deal right and tight, beautiful and in top pristine condition. Price is right don't miss this one..
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

• j2nhj2nh Posts: 63 Baller
    A sweet deal then.
  • WaterSkier12WaterSkier12 Posts: 191 Baller
    2nd Jody Seal, Tim does great work!
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 1,046 Crazy Baller
    I recently repowered two 2010 SNs that had 5.7s. One has been my primary boat for several years with just over 1000 hours on the original engine. I didn't really need to repower it, but my mechanic had a deal on lightly used/refurbed 6L engines from PCM that I couldn't refuse. The other was a Florida ski school boat with about 2400 hours that was put through the paces. Since the repower, I have completely redone the upholstery and SeaDek with OEM replacements, replaced the muffler, most of the cables and the throttle control and added a carpet inlay from @Jody_Seal . If you don't look at the gel coat too close, its a nice boat with a nice and low overall cost. Oh, by the way, @eleeski bought both of the 5.7L engines for his ZO projects.
    Kelvin Kelm, Lakes of Katy, Katy Texas
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,513 MM Trick Skier / Eccentric Person
    @Kelvin While I'm nowhere near done, I skied first ride behind the American skier last week! Thanks for the engine.

Eric
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,314 Administrator
    edited April 13
    @Fam-man in my opinion the regular 6.0 is the ideal engine for the 200. I occasionally ski behind the stronger version of the 6.0 and do not like the pull as much.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

• Fam-manFam-man Posts: 157 Baller
    Thanks @Horton I appreciate the feedback
  • skierjpskierjp Posts: 579 Crazy Baller
    FYI the single or dual puck ECI makes more difference then the engine. The 6.2 is now the standard Promo engine for Nautique.