Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2019 Ski Nautique

mkerziemkerzie Posts: 61 Baller
As we get closer to what we've been waiting for I'm happy to share with you what I have already told a couple ballers.... Boat will be composite material, closed bow only and will have sea deck flooring.. Price is going to be around 130k for a moderately equipped boat (MSRP).. this is without trailer, or tax and license. I also heard that they will be taking deposits directly (around 5k) and that they expect the boat to sell out the same day. Take this with a grain of salt but this did come from the dealer who was on the phone with his Nautique Rep right in front of me. This was about 3 weeks ago and I've been trying hard to keep a tight lid on it. I called today and asked personally if I could disclose and got a "yes". Regardless I'm excited to see the new hull and how accurate this is.
skierjp

Comments

• DWDW Posts: 1,824 Crazy Baller
    @mkerzie : Weight? Composite material is probably a big driver on cost.
  • LoopSkiLoopSki Posts: 318 Crazy Baller
    So will the 200 go away for 2019?
  • mkerziemkerzie Posts: 61 Baller
    @DW @LoopSki I don't know much more than what I posted but I do know that the 200 will not be going away.
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,770 Mega Baller
    Sounds more like an April fools joke to me!
  • dave2balldave2ball Posts: 439 Solid Baller
    Don’t think this is April fools.
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 2,681 Mega Baller
    @DW fiberglass is composite anyhow! So is plywood, always heard people liked wood stringers in their nautiques ;)
  • DWDW Posts: 1,824 Crazy Baller
    @BraceMaker : I did notice the 'composite material' was not exactly specified as to which one(s) :o
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,391 Mega Baller
    Correct Crafts have been all composite hulls since 1993!
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

edited April 3
    Better be made out of gold for that kind of cheddar !
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 2,681 Mega Baller
    @Jody_Seal yep no need to charge for it now
  • MSMS Posts: 4,836 Mega Baller
    New for 19 is the new 196. Perfect headline
    Shut up and ski
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 1,046 Crazy Baller
    Looking forward to taking possession of my promo early next week. This is worse than waiting for Christmas as a kid!!
    Kelvin Kelm, Lakes of Katy, Katy Texas
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 1,979 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Will there be 2 versions? A standard 200 and 200R?
    Scott Calderwood
  • EdbrazilEdbrazil Posts: 1,362 Historical Baller
    130k !?! Gagggg.
  • skinutskinut Posts: 369 Baller
    Wow, I hope those prices aren't for an actual ski boat. Otherwise they will absolutely kill their market share.
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,315 Administrator
    @swc5150 my understanding is the name "200" will be dropped. There will be the regular Ski Nautique and then the lighter carbon fiber version.

As I stated in the other thread, it's all rumor we'll find out in a week

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

• Mateo_VargasMateo_Vargas Posts: 797 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    What’s the R for in 200R?
    Success is failure that just hasn't happened yet
    Rubber . It be made of rubber like the sea doo spark
  • Mike GileMike Gile Posts: 268 Solid Baller
    The R better be for Rad with that kind of price tag
  • h2onhkh2onhk Posts: 220 Baller
    Way out of my league but I'm betting it will sell. No data to support my assumption but everything associated with water recreation nowadays seems to drive a higher pricepoint and people seem to keep paying. Bare lots to houses/cottages to boats to gear. Maybe I'm wrong but the wake barges did seem to break the $150k barrier fairly quickly. Several will be in on it right away, proclaim it's the greatest thing since sliced bread (which it probably will be), and the craze will begin. I think it's fun watching innovation. I'm gonna go charge my phone, make a bowl of popcorn, sit back and watch the ball of spray forum go exponentially out of control for the next few days.
  • ScottScottScottScott Posts: 551 Crazy Baller
    Odd that price boat would have all seadek flooring. Seadek is a great material for non slip stepping areas, and its a good utility flooring for a ski school boat, but for something $130K?
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,032 Mega Baller
    @ScottScott i dont get it either, but all the mega buck wake boats have seadek floors. Id rather have snap in carpet over te tured gel myself.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,315 Administrator
    Seadek is certainly my preferred flooring

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

• swc5150swc5150 Posts: 1,979 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Carpet is too hard to maintain on a boat. I like my snap out carpet and fiberglass floor best.
    Scott Calderwood
  • mkerziemkerzie Posts: 61 Baller
    Seadek also adds an extra step to build process as they now have to gel coat the floor of the boat before installing seadek..
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,032 Mega Baller
    Snap out carpet has a gel coated floor too. Does anyone still make boats with glued down carpet? Havnt seen one in years.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • BroussardBroussard Posts: 349 Solid Baller
    @oldjeep The Ski Nautique 200 still has glued down carpet.
    Andre Broussard - Louisiana
  • WishWish Posts: 7,262 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★

>>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<