Ski Nautique 2019

skierjpskierjp Posts: 561 Crazy Baller
edited April 9 in Boat Talk
All the questions are answered here. Play the walk-through video. https://nautique.com/models/ski-nautique
MuskokaKyChunkydBuoyChaser

Comments

• ozskiozski Posts: 1,537
    Yeah its way different for sure. It looks like a big step forward which will drive a lot of sales.
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski: KD Platinum

Jack Kinne
  • Eric KelleyEric Kelley Posts: 236 Solid Baller
    Impressive, lots of thought went into to it. I like the pursuit to fill in the trough, that is a big deal. Looks like it will make everything we do in the boat a little easier. I think I might buy a little stock in Seadek. No open bow apparently.
  • ScottScottScottScott Posts: 520 Crazy Baller
    edited April 9
    The wake looks good. Different....looks maybe wider, but softer. You can see the effects of the micro tuners in the video. I'm sure the wake is nice. A wake so nice you'll want a ballast for trick.....
  • ScottScottScottScott Posts: 520 Crazy Baller
    Some other nice new features..... open side window design with integrated bimini, access to drain plug, split back seat. Sounds like a Mastercraft.
  • jcampjcamp Posts: 674 Crazy Baller
    Not sold on the looks and the price of 130K (if true) seems crazy, but I gotta say Nautique definitely upped the ante and I'm glad that they are obviously showing a commitment to water skiing. Really looking forward to skiing behind it.
    Bill22Keith Menardshansen345Than_Bogan
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,990 Mega Baller
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 2,980 Mega Baller
    Interesting stealth fighter look with all the angles on the hull. The one they show doesn't look bad, but maybe they need to build an all flat black version.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
    aupatkingKeith MenardDirtMISkierskierjp
  • OSUwaterskierOSUwaterskier Posts: 61 Baller
    Spec out either the MC or the Bu with a 6.2 and the MSRPs aren’t too far off...
    BuoyChaser
  • TeddyTeddy Posts: 24 Baller
    A lot of thought and innovation went into the redesign. There is much to like. I think they raised the bar.
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,792 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Looks cool...spent some money on that design for sure. Some cool features, forward thinking.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    Bill22
  • BrennanKMNBrennanKMN Posts: 356 Solid Baller
    Closed bow only again?
    Interesting.
    andjules
  • OSUwaterskierOSUwaterskier Posts: 61 Baller
    Hmmm video says they offer the full engine line - figured they were only offering 6.2 based on picture above. Welp at least it’s not $130!
    ScottScott
  • supersonicussupersonicus Posts: 134 Baller
    Nothing better than a Nautique in my book, but I can't help but be reminded of the stealth bomber with the new styling.
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 986 Mega Baller
    edited April 9
    The wake and tracking are what matters, and it looks like CC has done their work
  • Pat MPat M Posts: 545 Crazy Baller
    @ScottScott I heard a rumor that trickers love the wake.
    skierjpBuoyChaser
  • dislanddisland Posts: 1,156 Crazy Baller
    I wonder how that new trick ballast tank will stay within the rules
    Dave Island- Princeton Lakes
    Bill22klindy
  • dbutcherdbutcher Posts: 266 Solid Baller
    edited April 9
    Rules may have to change on the ballast - similarly to what they did for weight in the Mastercraft. Hydrogate rule may need to be changed too.
    klindy
  • Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 1,801
    Absolutely "LOVE" what they have done. Plus you can't pick it up on Radar !!
    Loving the Reflex Supershell with R Style Rear !!!
    supersonicusMikeConorBrady
  • JordanJordan Posts: 980 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Well, the wakes look great, but to my eye the boat is ugly!
    ozskiallycatgregy
  • SkirvindSkirvind Posts: 21 Baller
    edited April 9
    It's a Gski, as long as it gives a great ride and drives as good or better then the 200. I can warm up to the styling.
  • Keith MenardKeith Menard Posts: 323 Crazy Baller
    I just don't think they did themselves any favors showing it in that sparkle blue...I would reserve judgement on the looks until they get a more neutral color in the water
    andjules
  • ObrienslalomObrienslalom Posts: 50 Baller
    Adding wake to flatten it out? Brilliant.

I hear in 2020 they are going to make the wake 40ft wide so you never have to cross them.
    swc5150DriggskiKiller6balls
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 1,914 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    pn has some good pics of other colors. The purple is pretty wild. It looks cool from some angles, it's just that bow is too GS.
    Scott Calderwood
  • TELTEL Posts: 168 Baller
    Okay, i take back my No i said. Always wondered if they would find a way of taking care of the dip behind the boat, not that i ski that short yet but have free styled and could feel it. Will this be a game changer for a new record?
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 1,914 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★

I like that the bimini rests on the gunwales and not the engine box.
    Scott Calderwood
    escmanazeTonster17Texas6BuoyChaser
  • LoopSkiLoopSki Posts: 285 Crazy Baller
    It seems silly to me that they would make such a large bow , but not offer it open .
    andjulesZmanBrady
  • dislanddisland Posts: 1,156 Crazy Baller
    Didnt see anything about availability of a non-carbon version
    Dave Island- Princeton Lakes
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 754 Crazy Baller
    Some innovative ideas in there for sure! Could get another 200 lbs off the thing if they'd remove all those damn decals around the throttle they're so enamored with. :)
    slow