Purity

HortonHorton Posts: 24,479 Administrator

I follow this guy's Instagram. There are no buoys or ZO or gate cameras or 100k boats or fin adjustment. He just loves water skiing.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Barts / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / HO Syndicate

MasterCraft / Masterline / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf

Reflex / Radar /Stokes

hemlocksavaiusiniALPJrMISkierskihartoldjeepLakeOneSkierBruce_ButterfieldChunkydIlivetoskiNandoEFWeleeskilakeaustinskierswc5150Bill22bf`andjulesbraindamagevtmechengBG1MuskokaKyJordanj2nhCalisdad57Bulldogschafer

Comments

• Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 5,734 Mega Baller
    What's wrong with him?

:smiley:
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    jcampjhugheseleeski
  • Keith MenardKeith Menard Posts: 270 Crazy Baller
    Psshhh...I bet he drops a ski
  • Mateo VargasMateo Vargas Posts: 754 Crazy Baller
    If he was a serious slalom skier he’d have a closed bow.
    Success is failure that just hasn't happened yet
    HortonKeith MenardLarsAndre
  • DaveDDaveD Posts: 595 Crazy Baller
    Finally! A $30K ski boat. Is that the new Carbon Pro?
    GHLskierbraindamage
  • thagerthager Posts: 3,935 Mega Baller
    I would never have associated @Horton and Purity on the same page but there it is!
    Stir vigorously then leave!
    keithh2oskierusaski1
  • mdriggsmdriggs Posts: 10 Baller
    Not just the California guys do nice gelcoat work !!!
    Mateo Vargas
  • MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,685 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    So right now I'm in the Spring free skiing phase of the year, but soon I'll chase buoys and ruin most of the fun....
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 1,541 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Daily commute from Tijuana ?

"My Mind Is In Control Of My Body - My Body Is Not In Control Of My Mind ”

jimbrake
  • liquid dliquid d Posts: 860 Crazy Baller
    Driver is on the gunwale messing up the wake.
  • andjulesandjules Posts: 692 Crazy Baller
    He really should move his front binding up 1/16". He'd be so much happier inside.
    Keith Menard
  • slvrbulitslvrbulit Posts: 155 Baller
    That is awesome @Conor , back in 1988 I was in Honduras and skied behind a old fishing boat on 2 old wooden skis
  • andjulesandjules Posts: 692 Crazy Baller
    @Horton I think we are actually making fun of ourselves, not samanskis.
    At least I am.
    HortonBill22Dragomwetskier
  • Keith MenardKeith Menard Posts: 270 Crazy Baller
    @Horton ...what @andjules said.
    andjules
  • braindamagebraindamage Posts: 97 Baller
    @6balls definitely! We had an old tri-hull then a deep v 18’ I/O. My dad refused to let us use wetsuits and the water temp only got above 70deg for a couple weeks. Broke home-made rope after rope. I didn’t know or care about form or buoys, I was there for spray, fun, booze, and impressing bikinis.

I’m embarrassed to admit on this forum but I’ve only run 1course 30 years ago when I signed up for a tournament just to see if I could do it. I’m proud to say that I made it through the first pass...but that was the end of that.

I still just love to ski and am interested in form more for self preservation than performance.
    HortonKeith Menard6balls
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 1,999 Mega Baller
    Learned behind a 1949 Chris Craft with a 15 HP Johnson (tiller steering). That included slaloming on one 72" Cypress Gardens jump ski with no rear binding.

Broke the drive shaft on my Dad's 1966 14 foot Sea King (based on the Starcraft Mustang) with a 40 HP Evinrude. That was the result of cutting hard on my first slalom ski and stopping the boat.

Each HP increase (50, 70, 85, 135 I/O) was always exciting. Didn't even see or try an actual slalom course until I was 25. Just worked on cuts, turns, and spray.

We would ski for miles on our lake, which is almost 6000 acres. We'd be exhausted and then just do it again the next day.

Didn't get my first inboard until I was 38 years old. Still just as obsessed as ever - maybe more so.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
    Mateo VargasCalisdad57DaveD6balls
  • Calisdad57Calisdad57 Posts: 4 New Baller
    That pic takes me back in time when I would go to the lake with my slalom ski in hand looking for anyone and anything that would pull me.
    6ballsbraindamage
  • DaveinPaDaveinPa Posts: 10 Baller
    I was 12 years old, 15 foot Scottie Craft with a 40Hp. McCulloch that my cousin In Vermont taught me to ski behind. I am now 68 and refuse to give it up, just ordered a new Radar Butterknife! See if that will help this old man!
    6balls
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,462 Crazy Baller
    I still do that @Calisdad57